Hutchinson Python MRC High Tubeless Tire

• Intermediate knobs
  • Bigger volume & better comfort

[Jul 04, 2008]
Billhaf

Strength:

Fast rolling, great on hard pack, rocks and roots.

Soft stuff. Once they break away very difficult to get back.

Great tires for hard pack. I was very happy until yesterday when I hit the breaks a little too hard and lost traction. It was very hard to get them back under control and I almost ended up in the bush. Not a forgiving tire. If you are new to the sport try another tire.

Panaracer smoke and fire XC

[Jan 05, 2007]
bluerider1

Strength:

fast rolling, good cornering, awesome bites on steep climbs

none yet

the new generation tires delivered what it claims. Its a little bit heavy ( extra 200 grams per tire )for a race tire but it suits the trail we ride. LBS put it on my crossmax sl w/o a hitch. 1.5 cup of stan's and it held its air right from the get go. Outstanding rebound and it corners pretty good on dry to medium pack dirt. Very happy with it. Recommended for riders who trains on different types of terrain.

original python light, nokian nbx lites

[May 05, 2007]
BigToe

Strength:

Awesome looks with two tone black/silver, matches my bike perfectly, nice ride, tracks true, corners well despite narrow tread for a 2.3" tire, unbelievable traction on hardpack and loose over hard.

Maybe kinda heavy

These tires are fantastic!! I believe I have finally found MY tire for the terrain I ride (hardpack, rocks, and loose granite over hardpack). They are nice and supple, not as soft as the Small Block 8's on the small stuff, but they give a great ride nonetheless. They track better than the SB8's and give more cush on the bigger rocks. The best thing is how they climb. There is litterally no slippage whatsoever now, I actually had to adjust the way I ride to compensate for the unbelievable traction. They seemed heavy when I unpacked them and was installing, but they roll increadibly well and the bike felt much more lively than it did with any of the Kenda tires. Value rating is 4 chilis merely because I think ALL MTN Bike tires are rediculously overpriced, but I give 'em 5 flaming chilis for the overall because they are fantastic and have increased my confidence on the bike immensly over the pathetic Nevegal/Blue Groove combo I was previously running. I will be riding these tires for a long time, no need to try anything else.

Kenda Small Block 8, Kenda Nevegal, Kenda Blue Groove, IRC Mythos XC