Hutchinson Python Light Tubeless Tire

Hutchinson Python Light Tubeless Tire

Hutchinson Python New Generation Tubeless Light 26x2.0 Tire is a world-class cross country race tire. Desinged by World Speed Record holder Julien Absalon, this ultra-quick tire has one of the stickiest durometers out there. Unstoppable on dry hardpack, R

[Dec 20, 2009]
Spinnerin29

Strength:

Low rolling resistance and traction, traction, traction! This tires completely changed the way my bike handled and made riding technical singletrack a blast!

None as of yet. Possibly mud because the knobs are small

These tires are the single best upgrade that I've ever made on a bike. The performance difference is truly amazing. They hold off-camber lines and deal with the California DG really well. I love the way my bike rides with these tires. Full suspension XC riders and hardtail owners don't need to look any further than these tires.

Michelin Geax, IRC Mythos and many more.

[Sep 07, 2009]
blainefree

Strength:

Low rolling resistance. Grips well. Cornering is average and durability is average IMO

Durability could be better

Very good tires for the high desert areas like West Texas, New Mexico, Southern Utah, etc. They roll fast and brake pretty well. Cornering is avg and durability is average. I am buying a second set since they have treated me well. I recommend them pretty highly. I would give them 4.5 chilis if I could but since you can only choose whole Chilis I have to give them a 4 due to durability being only average.

IRC Mythos II UST

[Aug 21, 2009]
cgt

Strength:

Light, fast rolling, high volume.

not best in mud

These tires last and last and never puncture. Most popular tire in Worlds largest MTB race with 20,000 racers, 5,000 the first day and 15,000 the next day!

all

[Aug 13, 2009]
Paul

Strength:

Fast, excellent in soft gravel uphills and in sand

in Arizona Sonoran Desert you run into soft sharp turn berms and these tires react differently than the Kenda Small Blocks because they tend to dig in. They are a bit heavier than the Kenda Small Block 8

so far I am totally pleased with the performance

Kenda Small Block 8

[Jul 16, 2008]
Jinna

Strength:

Fast running and tight in various conditions.

May be not so good in mud and wet conditions.

This tire is the most common tire used in Norway in cross country riding.

Many.

[Aug 09, 2007]
Sérgio Mourato

Strength:

Good Cornering, rolls very fast in road and sand (even with water). Didn't tried it in MUD. Even in rocky (not very) tracks it works fine.

After 5 months. Front tire is good, but my back tire is needing retirement. I've made about 800kms (500miles) with them (don't know if it is a weak point).

I gave 5 and 5 because:
- In value - I didn't buy them separately because they came with my bike, but I'm looking for a new one to replace my back one, and the price is similar to other Tubeless tires. Michelin an IRC are higer and seem poor.
- Overall Rating - I've more traction in lose terrain than I use to have with Kenda, and it rools very fast in asphalt. I'm very happy and I should buy another to replace the one I need.

Some kenda tires in my last bike.

[Oct 29, 2006]
Jason

Strength:

Light for a tubless. Super good on hardpack and firm trails. Small knobs make for easy going in sandy type mud and wet.

Not so good on loose rocks or slippery roots. They do wear out pretty quick. But you want performance not cheap, right?

These are my favorite tires for California riding outside the Sierras. They are the fastest rolling tires on hardpack that I've ever ridden. They brake and corner unbelievebly well for a tire with such small knobs. In the tubless version, they're more supple than a Swedish thigh.

Specialized Roll-ex and Adreneline, Kenda Nevegal, some IRC's... well, too many more to name

[Nov 23, 2006]
Tucky

Strength:

Light.. really light for tubeless, fast rollers.

One of them came leaking on the sidewall, got an exhcnage and problem solved.

These are very fast rollers, great on loose over hardpack, and pretty decent on sand, hook great. Shaved 15 minutes on my favorite trail the first time I use them. they may wear fast, since I do this as a hobby not really into being a pro, I might get another set next time for durability, but I like this so much I might keep with Hutchinson.Just 4 chilis on value, since I do think these tires don't come cheap, but they might be worth every penny on a serious racer.

tubed tires