Geax Arrojo UST Tubeless Tire

* Front or rear tyre super fast in all conditions. * Continuous central pattern for maximum speed. * Small tapered knobs for excellent grip at all lean angles. * Big air volume for good flotation on aggressive soils. * Also available in Tubeless version

Chip Sanders   Cross Country Rider [Jul 03, 2003]
Strength:

Tracks well, excellent grip on rock even at angles, looses very little air between rides.

Worst tire I've ever had to mount. EXTREMELY DIFFICULT!

Mike, from the previous post, couldn’t have been any more correct about mounting this tire. After reading his review I went ahead and purchased the Arrojo thinking I’ll just put a little soapy water on the wheel and that will do the trick. Uh…nope. How about a little Tri-flow….nope. Getting desperate, I even tried heating the tire up with a hair drier…nope. After about an hour of total frustration, I decided I would just suffer the embarrassment and take it to a bike shop. Well, after a couple of shots of tequila, I started f'in with it again and eventually got the damn thing on. What concerns me is if I get a flat in BFE and need to install a tube I may be hosed. On the positive side, the tire looses very little air between rides (about 2 lbs. per day), tracks well on Colorado’s dry, rocky, trails, and so far no flats. I will update this post after I’ve had the tire for several months and let you know how well it wares.

Similar Products Used: MTB Mutano Raptor 1.95 UST, Hutchinson Python UST
Robbie   Cross Country Rider [Mar 21, 2006]
Strength:

Weight, Smooth Rolling, Great front tire.

Great Tire for my riding style and riding locations. Team this tire up with the Aggro for a rear and you'll love the combo.

Similar Products Used: First Tubeless
Mike Walker   Racer [Apr 23, 2003]
Strength:

Fast rolling, grippy, great fast all-around tread design.

Heavy, most impossible-to-mount tire ever.

I liked Geax's Sedona UST so much I decided to put this tire up front. Mounting this tire (without tire irons, which ruin a UST tire) took me 90 minutes. The first 60 were frustration and pain, the last 30 I got a friend to help me. Together we got it mounted, at the expense of purple fingers. If this thing ever gets a flat, I will have to walk home and cut it off my wheel.
That said, it's survived 6 months of harsh technical riding without a puncture. It cuts a beautiful line, works great up front at speed, corners well. I really like it.
But, if you don't have a team of people to help you install it, good luck. Maybe you have a way of using a lever that won't damage a UST bead. Good luck with that.
I won't buy this tire again unless they redesign the bead.

Similar Products Used: Geax Sedona
Matthew Morgan   Racer [Sep 22, 2006]
Strength:

Indestructible, The large wide spaced nobs, give great grip in loose or muddy corners

Non if ridden where designed

I raced these 2 years in a row in Lajitas, which is desert conditions filled with cactus and sharp rocks. I never flatted once on them. I even passed one of the top Pro's Jason Sager while he was changing a flat.

Angel Rufino Matos   Cross Country Rider [May 20, 2004]
Strength:

Great traction, specially on hard packing, smooth rolling.

It was to hard to install them on the rim.

This tire are very fast on the kind of terrain that on my town usually we ride. Like the others reviewers, they were not easy yo install on the wheels. I hope not to have to remove them, the people at the bike shop tell me that after some time they will be easy to remove them. Now you now why I'm using Stan.

Similar Products Used: My firts time on UST Tires.