Continental Rubber Queen UST Tubeless Tire

• Gravity Arc Sidewalls
  • 1050g

• User Reviews (8)

AlexPt   Weekend Warrior [Feb 10, 2011]
    Strength:

It's a 2.4 huge tire and rolls better than most, no all 2.3's I've tried. Even at 28psi, WT?
    Grip grip grip (grips like a monkey to the last banana in the tree)
    Ability to run low psi (tubeless)
    Quality
    Have I said how well it rolls

Price maybe. $130 for a pair makes my eyes water. BUT I really hope these are the answer to my grip, low psi, no pinchers prayers.

Simply awesome. 3 / 4 rides in and they stick like the El Moco but allow lower psi. The Moco and Excavator were my previous winners (El Moco best for winter for sure, wet roots n slippy rocks) but both are Kendas. What's the issue I hear you ask? Well quality (knobs rip off, El moco had one ride and got a slash in side wall) and last but ANNOYINGLY not least. Pinch flats. You need 30psi to get grip. I get tons of pinchers and it p's me off. Tubeless is hopefully my savior. The RQ's, now TK's, simply rock bro's and sisters.

Buy em. Kenda need to up the anti. Plain and simple. Would try a UST Nevegal though...

Similar Products Used: Nevegal DTC, Minion DH F, Excavator DTC, El Moco StickE, Ignitor, Panaracer XC? (MEC cheaper one)
    pakdoc   Weekend Warrior [Oct 26, 2010]
    Strength:

These are now the Trail Kings I believe. I am changing from Nevegal 2.3's UST to the 2.2 and they are a little lighter, roll better with a rounded profile and have similar grip on the rear. I consider this more of a rear tire due to the lack of projecting side knobs and round profile.

Hard to inflate on Mavic rims

Good rear tire without being too aggressive. Now, looking for that perfect front...back to Highrollers probably.

Similar Products Used: Highrollers, Nevegals, Octapus
    PAL   Weekend Warrior [May 25, 2010]
    Strength:

volume & traction. smooth out the trail and hook up pretty well on techy climbs. tyre envy due to big white tubeless logo !

compared to other tyres I have been running recently a slight increase in upward drag due to weight and tread pattern. during my weekly climb up the pike I was running 1 gear lower on two different occasions, so it must be fact.

first experience of UST. limited use in the dry so far - will update again in a few months. bought from ribble £53 pair. mounted and sealed first time with a track pump. using bontrager wheels, rim strips, valves and fluid. searching for a do it all tyre for most seasons, varied weather and terrain. originally ordered bontrager XR4 in a sale but were out of stock, hence ended up in ribble and bought these. Im fairly happy. Maybe overkill for dry summer stuff. I ride with two camps - total techno geeks who buy and try everything, and stock brigade who change nothing. the stock brigade are usually ahead, so I guess we have to agree there is loads of hype around.

Similar Products Used: panaracers(cinders/rampage), specialized (resolutions), intense S4, maxxis various types. if I dont stop buying tyres I will get divorced!
    Lax-n-MTB   Weekend Warrior [Apr 16, 2010]
    Strength:

WIDE, good grip

none so far

These tires are huge. I was running Michelin Wildgrippers 2.1 and these tires looked cartoonish at first. I had no problem mounting them on my Cane Creek Zonos rims and inflating them with a floor pump. They just fit in the Magura fork. I have been running them at 30 psi and they have been a sweet ride. I ride rocky, rooty singletrack and these tires have had great traction. I am knocking off a chilli because they are so damn expensive!!

Similar Products Used: first set of tubeless tires, ran Michelin Wildgrippers for years
    moshemark   Cross Country Rider [Mar 29, 2010]
    Strength:

Large volume, good traction on loose rocks, wears slowly

Heavy

Inspires confidence on the rough stuff, good traction on loose rock climbs. I ride mostly dry rocky trails. These tires are heavy (esp. the 2.4 front), but I don't mind the extra exercise. I have noticed very little wear.

Similar Products Used: Maxxis Advantage, Ardent
    BUGY   Weekend Warrior [Feb 15, 2010]
    Strength:

Mounts easily. Amazing traction. Good breaking and climbing. Good cornering. Feels lively and responds to line changes, feels stable. Great as an Lite-AM/trail and not as an extreme AM tire.

rolling resistance. Wears to fast.

I love this tire, it's good in all conditions, all weather all the time. It's only weakness is high rolling resistance and fast wear. I didn't have punctures for 6 months!
    Well I don't now what to say, it's a great tire, tray it. But be aware that this tire is sensitive to air pressure, and is best at low psi. (I had it rolling with less then 18 psi, but my standard is 25 psi. And they have very though sidewalls (good for the desert).

Similar Products Used: MAXXIS: ignator,ardent,advantage, HR...
    Kenda Nevegal.
    WTB.
    Rex Luthor   Cross Country Rider [Sep 26, 2009]
    Strength:

Not a bad technical climber considering 2.2 are the hard rubber.

Everything for a UST.

Run from the 2.2's if you are buying UST's. THe 2.4's are in a different league (but still don't live up to the hype).

Evan after you have seated the 2.2's (and you'll need a good compressor or CO2 cartridge) you still cannot get them seated with a floor pump (you would think that after time they would conform to the shape of a tire and thus allow floor pump inflation on a true UST rim...no).

When you get these things out of the box and shape them out, nothing could say "not handmade in Germany" without actually saying it as this pieces of crap do. They are completely deformed and, as stated above, remain so in the even you ever have to patch them and thus must seek out a compressor or Co2 cartridge again. If all UST rubber was like this, nobody would use it.

These tires climb OK in a straight line, some solid traction. I think they are one of the worst descending tires I've ever used, especially in the wet: they will slide wherever gravity or the root they have met is pointed. And yes, in the wet all rears are squirrelly on the down, but these are just ridiculous.

I do run a 2.4 up front and it is OK...still a Minion UST, especially in wet, if miles ahead of the 2.4. Do not buy into the hype. These are not cheap tires, but at least the 2.4 are built right. The 2.2's are complete crap for real technical mountain biking like what is found on the north shore of Vancouver.