Continental Leader Pro UST Tubeless Tire

Continental Leader Pro UST Tubeless Tire

A hardcore XC performer tubeless version Lighter than the Vapor, but shares all of the GravityArc advantages when pushing it into the corners. Mix this with the Vapor in front, and you'll have all the cornering and straight line traction necessary in one lightweight package.

[Jun 01, 2010]
gtman54

Strength:

very light for a ust tire.low rolling resistance.very durable I use higher air pressure 46 lbs I weigh 195.

Tread only holds up for 4mos[2-3 times per week 10-14mile at a time] after that it gets pretty sketchy but can still ride for awhile longer.steep climbing does not work after the 4 mos.period.Also probably to hard a ride for most. I ride mostly in desert,sandy rocky.

I would say go ahead and purchase if you can buy it cheap but don't expect tread to hold up very long.Tire well last for at least a year just looses its functionality as mtn bike tire!It is quite snappy for ust tire.

continental explorer much better

[Apr 09, 2010]
ABOlsen

Strength:

None really. Sort of low rolling resistance.

No grip. Expensive.

This is by far one of the most horrible tires I have ever used. No grip what so ever. I call it down right dangerous! No matter the conditions and tyre pressure, it won't hook up

Racing Ralph UST, Michelin XCR Dry II Tubeless.

[Jul 23, 2008]
davidlevin5557

Strength:

Light weight

horrific traction

I rode these several times, they inspire very little confidence in the rough downhill and have almost no grip on soft gravel in tighter uphill. They were actually a downgrade from my cheaper used up tubed tires. A complete disappointment. I'm already looking for new tires. If you go crosscountry on asphalt like turf you're fine. Anything else, not worth it.

[Jun 06, 2008]
oldsalty

Strength:

light..for UST, puncture resistant, corners well, bought two for one on sale

relatively slow on the flats for a tire of this type, harsh riding low volume tire

comparing this to my favorite tire, hutchinson UST python light(630grams)the leader needs to be pumped up to about 38 psi rear to hold up my weight at 185lbs, that makes it very harsh riding, since this is a low profile tire and not a high volume tire Ihave to run it at that psi so as not to damage the rim.The python has much taller profile and I can run it at about 30 psi with better traction and less deflection...its cush.The leader seems to have its place for someone who waqys much less than I do, to me the main advantage of UST is being able to run lower tire pressures for improved traction ect.

many