Bontrager Revolt Super X Tubeless Tire

Revolt Super X

Their premier race tire. Lightweight race conditions tire rolls fast, corners well and hooks up in all but the most extreme terrain. Small medium depth, closely spaced knobs with stiff edges and a rounded profile to shed mud easily. Unique casing diameter is slightly larger than tread width giving increased tracking, cornering, climbing and breaking performance in rough, rocky terrain. 26" X 2.1" traditional size / 49mm casing diameter / 48mm maximum tread width. Tubeless. Blackwall.

Uncle_Mike   Cross Country Rider [Sep 24, 2010]
Strength:

Extremely fast rolling, light, surprisingly capable

Bought this tire to have a fast roller in my collection and found myself riding it a lot of the time. Didn't expect it to be good at much else but was pleasantly surprised when it just didn't lose traction where my other all-arounder tires had.
Mostly though, the tire just feels very fast. Slashed one but can't blame the tire. Would recommend for fast smooth singletrack.

Similar Products Used: Pythons, Mescals, FastTraks, and many others
spedrunr   Cross Country Rider [Apr 14, 2010]
Strength:

lightweight, fast

I had IRC Mythos 2.2's and the front end was squirly and washing out on sandy/hardpack corners. I put the Bonty Revolt on the front and the handling went from a 5 to a 9. I thought I needed a more aggressive tire (larger knobs) but this did the trick. The trails I listed are mostly dry, hardpack with loose sand. I'd buy more of these if I could find them at the flea market price that I paid ($15?) I'm going to try the Michelin XC Dry2's (2.15 and 2.3)

Dave Tapson   Cross Country Rider [Jan 19, 2009]
Strength:

VERY fast rolling, secure feeling handling

Picks up mud like s..t to a blanket. Possibly not as robust on sharp rock as could be - but these are designed as light, racing tires.

Fantastic for hard pack and tar (asphalt) - did fine for me in sand, terrible in mud - in fact, worst than nothing. Have changed to Conti MK's only because of the bad mud handling, but miss them every time I ride my bike.

Similar Products Used: Kenda Nevegals, Conti MK's
bykephast   Racer [Jul 15, 2008]
Strength:

light, very very fast. like a mich comp S light but with side walls.

none.

awesome in dry weather. dry weather. only ride them when its dry. dry.

Similar Products Used: so many... piles and piles of torn and worn tires in the basement.
DirtSnake   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2003]
Strength:

Light weight. Don't lose air. Nice tight fit on rim, snaps nicely into UST grooves. Impressive control on most surfaces. Smooth rolling

Tight fit, so I needed to use tire irons. Not the greatest in mud, tends to pack between the trend.

I bought these just for XC racing. I intended to put one on the rear, since I didn't think I'd feel confident on sketchy terrain with it in the front. But I figure try it out in the front first to prove my theory. So I'm preriding a race course after a few days of rain - mud everywhere and the steep technical sections full of slick rocks and roots. And this tire just freaking knifes through it ! OK braking power wasn't there like a fatter knobby, but if your style is more point and shoot rather than slow and finesse, this tire rocks. You just have to watch it at extreme angles on loose stuff. So I bought another for the rear. And virtually no air loss, even after a few days ! That's better than tubed tires on my other bikes.

Giorgio   Cross Country Rider [Dec 20, 2007]
Strength:

light, low rolling resistence, great cornering

I bought this pricy tire last year and I just have good things to say about it. I have ridden this tire on rocks, hardpack, trails and I was sorprised about its performance.

If you want a durable, lightweight and fast tire for XC you should buy this one.

Does anyone know where can I find this tire on Internet ?

Similar Products Used: maxxis larsen tt 2.0, intense system2 2.0
tony   Cross Country Rider [May 23, 2007]
Strength:

light weight, very fast rolling, no air loss, bullet proof with specialize tire sealant!!!

i ride it all but the big rocks. i'm in sw ks. in deep sugar sand there is less control on the front and requires better rythym pedaling the rear. the payoff on the hard pack and single track is well worth it. i also ride these things through pastures with no trail. i've ridden in weeds 4 ft high and not flatted!!! not sure what the other reviews were using. i use specialize or goodyear sealant with near perfect results. speed with reliability!!!!!

Similar Products Used: specialize pro, wtb
Stanley   Cross Country Rider [Oct 23, 2005]
Strength:

Tires came with the bike, which I bought new in Vail, CO. I like the tire for DRY conditions. Very good in rocky dry terrain (i.e., Colorado) and dry XC conditons. Holds air pressure very well on the Bontrager rims. I can leave it sit a week with only 5psi reduction. I have not had any problems with punctures.

Does NOT shed mud. Substantial diminuation of control in wet condtions and packs with mud easily in just wet situation where trail is still hard. Very hard to remove tire from rim(probably why it holds air so well). The one time I did get a thorn in the tire (which did not go flat until I pulled out the thorn at home) I was smart to take it to the bike shop to remove and repair.

Great tire for dry conditions. Choose something else when the trail gets damp.

David S   Racer [Sep 30, 2003]
Strength:

-Low rolling resistance
-Light, but not superlight
-HIGH VOLUME (these things are huge compared to 2.1 Michelin CompS's) which equals better comfort for enduro events (24 hr races)
-Good cornering
-THEY ACTUALLY WORK IN SAND (better in rear, actually).
-Good dry conditions tire, ideal for granite or sandstone slickrock and such

-Load up in mud

This is an excellent tire for enduro events such as 24 Hour races and even regular XC events IF IT IS DRY. They stay hooked up very well in a variety of conditions, as long as the ground is not wet. They are the best tires I have used in sand except for maybe the WTB Velociraptor, but that is because of the huge paddles in the rear also that slow it down on fast hardpack. They are high volume, which means they are comfortable. This may not mean a lot to a short-track XC racer or someone who does a 1.5-hour ride a couple days a week, but when you're on that saddle for extended periods such as in enduro races, especially on a hardtail like me, even that extra cm. of cushioning helps. These tires came on my Trek that I built up custom and I took them off immediately for a wet race and was planning on getting the Hutchinson Pythons for dry conditions, but then the Hutchinsons got backordered and didn't get here in time for the next race, which was at a dry location, and I had to put these back on. I was pleasantly surprised by their performance. However, I took them out on a training ride later in the mud, and needless to say, they don't clear mud at all, nor will any other dry-conditions race tire with small knobs this close together. They do corner rather well when used as a front tire, and will handle off-camber trails nicely. However, these are not the lightest tires I have used, being 700 grams, which is about 20 grams heavier than the Michelin CompS UST that I use in the mud. So, if your bike comes with these, don't be afraid to use them. Just because they are not from Maxxis or Michelin or Hutchinson or some other other big reputable brand, they still hold their own agains them on hardpack. But if you're in the market for a dry conditions racing tires, I would really go with the Michelin JetS or Hutchinson Python.

======================================

One very important thing people need to realize is that there is no such thing as an ALL conditions tire. A tire maybe either good in the wet or good in the dry, or somewhat good at both but not excellent in either. You can't slap a set of tires on your bike and expect them to work flawlessly in every condition. It is not possible. There is no tire, no matter how expensive, that does this. You need to evaluate your needs and determine whether you need 2 sets of tires or whether 1 set of "do it all" tires will cut it. If you're a racer like me, you will soon realize that you need 2 sets. It only takes friggin 10 minutes to change both tires so what's the big deal? You show up to the race with the tires you think you'll want to race with, but also have with you the other set; and, if conditions are different than you expected, you change them out. Most racers do it this way, everyone from Pro's like Roland Green to Junior Experts like me. If you are a recreational rider or just getting into racing, don't go off and get 12 stes of tires for every month. It's ridiculous. I when I was 7'th place in the beginner category (man, those were the days), I wasn't racing with factory support or whatever and I had one set of tires: IRC Mythos's. They worked reasonably well in most conditions and they held up for an entire season which isn't even close to how much I get out of my Michelins now.

Later guys!