Bontrager Jones ACX Tubeless Tire

Bontrager Jones ACX Tubeless Tire

• Tubeless-Ready technology optimizes the tire for use with sealant, which saves nearly 100 grams per wheel (over tubeless) and provides race-proven performance
  • Tubeless bead provides positive bead lock and better bead sealing (than standard tires) when used on tubeless rims

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 28, 2011]
    John plymouth GT

Strength:

Work Well Off Road And On Road! Well Worth The Money!

Not That i Know of! No Weaknesses!I Mean Nothing Last Forever But i Rather be Safe Then sorry!

The Only reason Why I Put Bontrager Jones acx on! Because My Orginal Tires Are Kenda k831 They Where about 13 years old! They Where bald and Cracking!And if i Have 2 Replace Bontrager Jones acx I Will! As Long as They Hold For 10 Years if Possable!I was Told These Are Higher Tires!

I Was Doing Some Shopping Around And Was Told These Are The Best!

[Mar 20, 2010]
    Quincy Cahvez

Strength:

Stubby, Grippy (most of the time), Light, Narrow

Wears out quickly

These are good tires, they speedy when you want to go fast but tend to slip around the trails here in northern phoenix with the sand and rock. I'll most likely buy another set when they're worn down.

[Sep 27, 2009]
    Pooolio

Strength:

Man are these tires fast! These tires will role all day and are very good around turns.

Traction on climbs is not that great. After about 100 miles the (huge) knobs on the tires show some serious wear.

These tires are great while they last. As I said I only have around a 100 miles and they are about half way worn. If you have money and don't mind changing tires every couple of months, then they would be suitable. As for performance, these tires are like a porshe around turns.

[Aug 17, 2009]
    randyharris

Strength:

Tubeless, not heavy, great tire in hard and loose terrain.

Washes out in sandy bits.

I like these tires and would be a regular user if I didn't live in the Phoenix AZ desert region where I ride a fair amount of sandy stretches on my rides.

Bontrager XDX, Kenda Tomac Small Block 8, Geax Sedona, Panaracer Fire XC Pro

[Aug 17, 2009]
    Boy Arden
    Downhiller

Strength:

I can't believe some of the reviews that these tyres have been given! I found this page whilst looking for some new tyres after having these on for three years! I have had only a handful of punctures in that time. I have had no problems with grip and am only changing them because they have now warn out.

Not recommended for road use - they're not designed for it so it makes it hard work!

Never had a problem with these tyres in all conditions and on all surfaces. I would buy them again!

[Jul 13, 2009]
    bluealien

Strength:

Great tires. Stick well on hardpack, rock, loose and sand. I am really glad I changed to theses tires.

These are a bit pricey in stores, but little better online.

I'm pleased with these tires so far. I bought them since I wasn't happy with other Bontrager Trail tires that were on the bike. I use to race motoX, and these tires so far fell the closest to how my bike felt without washout.

26 x 2.10" IRC Mythos XC

[Apr 10, 2009]
    hikerdave

Strength:

Great on hard pack and excellent on pavement. Very durable.

Not so good on sand. Very difficult to mount (Full Tubeless version)

Good predictable tire with a very round profile. This would be best if you like to go fast and rail corners at high speed -- the side knobs hardly show any wear at all after months of use on the front. Because the tire wears so well but still has great traction, I'll give it great marks for value.

Very good for a narrow tire (actual width is around 2.1, not 2.25 as advertised). I think that this tire could be mounted on a wide rim and actually perform a little better, because more of the side knobs would contact.

Panaracer Fire AM, Panaracer Fire, Continental Vertical, Specialized Resolution, Schwalbe Albert, IRC Trail Bear

[Apr 01, 2009]
    Jester1911

Strength:

Jones ACX 29er tubless ready's are what I'm reviewing.

Great tires. Stick well on hardpack and rock. I use these as my goto tire. Load up with mud, but somehow these are the best tires I've ran in the mud

Expensive

I'd reccomend this tire to anyone looking for a good all around tire.

I run it tubless on stans wheels, and havn't had to air them in 3 months. No tears running at 20 psi over western PA rocks.

Panaracer rampage, kenda karma

[Mar 29, 2009]
    verve825

Strength:

Grips really well on a wide variety of surfaces, very consistent in its adhesion, super tacky, a great climbing tire,

Wears somewhat quickly. In my book, this is a small price to pay. I mean, sure, you can buy whatever cheapest at the local bike shop and deal with what you get, but tires are really critical to ride quality- buy what works, and these tires work well.

Superb tires, deceptively simple tread design works extraordinarily well across a variety of surfaces and trail conditions.

Many, many different tires.

[Dec 09, 2008]
    mtbdss

Strength:

Works well for loose and slippery terrain. Lightweight for this type of tire. Rolls relatively well considering the large knobs.

Have only ridden about 100 miles on them so far, but they don't corner as well as the last tires I had (Continental Vertical Pro)

I'm pleased with these tires so far. I bought them since I wasn't getting any grip this fall once the leaves fell and the extra moisture made the terrain more slippery. They grip much better than the old tires did over the leaves and wet roots.

Conti Vertical Pro, Panaracer Fire XC Pro