Bontrager Jones AC UST Tubeless Tire

A lightweight race tire that rolls fast, corners well and hooks up in extreme terrain. Compatible with most tubeless wheel systems. Medium height, tightly spaced, square tread blocks and wide contact patch Edge knobs are well reinforced to provide linear cornering response with reduced squirm Tread pattern designed for both front and rear wheel use

David Campbell   Cross Country Rider [May 01, 2008]
Strength:

Caseing is small for stated size

Six miles into my normal tuesday 16 mile ride this tire riped on the tread side. The way this happened it seemed to me a defect in the casing. When I returned to the Trek store I was told I most likly ran over a sharp rock.And was offered a new tire for cost {28.00}.I told them Running over sharp rocks was the point of my ride,and to use a tire that couldn't hold up to this was pointless.So I deposited the Jones AC UST in the recycle bin and exited never to return.

Ed   Cross Country Rider [Apr 11, 2006]
Strength:

Easy to fit, light, reasonable grip

Not puncture resistant

This is not a fast tyre, is best run at low pressures but risks punture(front gets sketchy on technical stuff). It is OK in the mud - clears ok.
This was my first venture into UST and I have religously researched mtbr for the best products to build my dream bike. This tyre has puntured twice in about 10 ridies. The last punture also dented my new mavic front rim (sob sob) and gashed the tyre near the rim, and I am loosing air with the rear wheel (which has had no punctures), despite using latex sealent. These tyres were about half the price of Conti Verticals and I could not get hold of any UST weirwolfs in 2.3 guise. I will not be getting another bonty tyre, and I will think twice about riding these in more extreme environments - I would have done better with a conventional tyre than these.
I give two chillis cause they were cheap - but they do not live up to the hype.

Similar Products Used: First UST, maxxis dynomite 2.3 (non UST)
Tom Matthews   Cross Country Rider [Jun 23, 2007]
Strength:

Grip in largest variety of conditions. Rock, single track, gravel washes, dirt. (Don't know about wet- live in desert)
Good on off camber, knobs hang on. Good low pressure climb.
Holds like rails on single track. Best all around ever used. Fewest falts on low pressure rides.

They wear out more quickly than I would like. A small price to pay for super glue like grip.

They are now less expensive than ever making them the best and only tire I will use. Fewer flats than others and grippier than most. Now tubeless. Just gets better. I won't even experiment with others now. THese tires do it all.

Similar Products Used: Michelin, Panaracer fire XC, Raptors, Maxis
Tom   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2007]
Strength:

Corner/Climb/single track at warp
Grip well, air down for climb. Grip better than others at higher pressure. My favorite of ANY tire used in 15 years. Surprisingly good on occasional street or raods given their talent off road. Good flexy sidewall. GRIP!!!

Price.
Sidewall at lower presuure(we have jagged rocks around here)
Hard to find- but worth looking for.

Best all around tire but pricey. They do it all

Similar Products Used: Panaracer Fire- too many flats-less grip
Michelins- all around inferior.
Geax- wear and traction issues
J.   Cross Country Rider [Mar 13, 2004]
Strength:

This tire is excellent in places where you're bound to get punctures. I ride in desert mountains, which is full of thorns and knife-sharp rocks. These puppies have lasted the wear and tear for two years now, while my former stock tires literally lasted only three rides before being chewed to bits. The nylon does work!

These are fat tires, which is great where I am, but if you're into speed and use flat surfaces then it'll likely be slower than other options.

Saves a lot of time patching tubes!

Similar Products Used: Can't recall...
Matthew Snow   Racer [Aug 17, 2005]
Strength:

Low weight of 535grams, Large Casing/Volume, Pedals Fast, Good Traction on hardpack, rocks, and roots

This review is for the Jones XR TR which means, "tubeless ready."You must use a sealant w/ these tires to hold air. I bought these tires because of there low weight 535 grams, large casing/volume and fast pedaling. These tires mounted up fairly easy on the Mavic Rims and I used 1 cup on Stans sealant in each tire.I was able to air them up w/ a hand pump. They have held the air so far.I ran them at 30-32 psi for the first ride and the seemed to really hook up and pedal fast on the local terrain.

Similar Products Used: Other "tubeless tires" IRC Serac/ Mibro
Casey   Cross Country Rider [Feb 24, 2005]
Strength:

Thanks so much to the previous reviews which convinced me to try em. These tires are new to me (3 rides) but we are already good friends. Like previous reviews state they corner well and are fast.

None yet.

So far excellent ride and all I was expecting.

Similar Products Used: Conti Explorer
zenith   Weekend Warrior [Apr 09, 2004]
Strength:

Excellentt All Around Tire - Less Mud.. no mud in Arizona

Breaks well but not as well as my favorite tubed tire, Panaracer Fire XC

The bottom line for my riding style is cornering.. high speed. If a tire does not handle well on corners, I am not happy. There is no disappointment here. This tire has the ability to lean without drift. It hooks up very well on the climbs, it breaks well but not as good as the Fire XC. Side wall tuffnes seems to be above par.. no tears or nics from the Sonran desert thus far..

Similar Products Used: Fire XC and that be all!
Julie Howard   Cross Country Rider [Jul 04, 2004]
Strength:

I think these tires are amazing. They corner really well and the braking ability is phenomenal. I should precise thatI ride in mostly Colorado dry loose and hard pack conditions. I don't know about other type of conditions.
My mechanic, Scot Banks from Absolute swore to me, that these tires would last much longer than the Contis I rode before(3 back tire in less than a year!)

Expensive and ugly!

These tires rock! Buy them even for 50$, they are worth it.