Arrow Racing Ramped Bite UST Tubeless Tire

Arrow Racing Ramped Bite UST Tubeless Tire

• Ramped center knob for reduced rolling resistance
  • Heavy-duty casing with extra thick sidewalls
  • APEX and Double Bead-Lock snakebite prevention
  • SRS: tacky 47 durometer Slow React Rubber

[Jul 17, 2009]
daverach2478

Strength:

Fast Rolling tire! Lighter than Maxxis

Can't run as low pressure as thicker sidewall UST/Downhill tires. I had to get a little used to knowing I needed the higher pressure. I have to have 30 or more PSI in to avoid them burping air. They roll over the rim a bit if I have em any lower. Yes, 819's are not wide, but, I'm only 160, so, 823's were overkill for downhill/freeride at my weight.

These are a huge volume tire and I was blown away at how well they work here in the desert overall. Coming off High Rollers and Minions, I feel like someone finally took their hand off my brakes! They are the fastest tire I've run with no sacrifice in traction! If you keep the PSI respectable (above 30) they're solid. When you get below that, it starts to feel unstable. Drops, jumps, boulders, rocky nasty, they take it all in no problem.

I stop short of 5 chilis because they're not the cheapest tire and if they made the bead lock tighter, you could probably run lower pressure. If you want a lighter downhill/freeride tire that doesn't sacrific very much, this is it! GET SOME!