Performance Lunarlight tubes Tube

Performance Lunarlight tubes Tube

Performance Lunarlight tubes

[Mar 28, 2013]
Jasontamu

Strength:

-great tubes

-na

- The stem failures noted are installation error - this tube is thin, so you have to fill them up with out the presta nut on, let hte tube fill and the presta valve seat, once filled, then lightly turn the presta nut back down to the base of the rim, dont tighten, move to the bottom - to touch rim...there has to be room for movement.

the catastrophic failure of valve tearing from tube is due to that presta to rim nut tightened down and the tube is stretching internally.....think whats going on inside the tire....

-J

[Jul 10, 2011]
marcodeluca

Strength:

LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT

None-- initially , I had one leak air (on a newly installed tube)near where the stem
meets the tube-- found out it was due to the presta valve hole on the aluminum rim that needed to be filed a bit

Yes they are thin tubes but they have been fine for me.
Keep giving them bad reviews and maybe they'll lower the retail cost on these babies so i can buy them up!

other heavier tubes--also have a pair of ECLIPSE plastic tubes at 56 GRAMS each (from SWITZERLAND-DON"T ASK HOW MUCH $$)on one bike that have been great.

[Jun 08, 2011]
KLF

Strength:

Very Light, Packable, not unusually prone to normal flats caused by punctures or pilot error (and/or exuberance)

Quality Control, spontaneous failure

When they are working they are as good as anything I have used, but....

When these first came out many years ago they had a problem with persistent spontaneous pinhole defects. That usually resulted in an annoying but ridable slow leak which was also patchable. They were not otherwise any more prone to flats than any other tube I have used. And that early pinhole problem seems to have been solved.

But more recently, I have found that they fail spontaneously and without warning by tearing at the valve stem interface. Of the last 9 I have used (and I still have several awaiting use), 100% suffered this failure. Sometimes it is shortly after the first installation, at other times after extended use. But it is still a consistent and unforgivable defect, especially since it is non-repairable and usually means nearly instant full deflation and a non-ridable tire. Performance will replace them, but that does not detract from the inconvenience of an "unearned" flat on the trail.
So if you use these be sure to carry several spares to insure that you can get home. At least they pack compactly.

Without the valve stem defect problem, they would be great.

[Sep 01, 2009]
OSM

Strength:

this was the lightest tube I could find. Lunar light.
95 grams it said on the box 0.4 mm thickness

very thin rubber. I had two forte tubes rip at the valve stem.(it wasn't my fault) these are cheap cheap cheap no matter what the price paid.

I bought this tube to carry as a back up in my bag. I figure its light weight so it will be easier to haul around. I got a pinch flat and had two forte back ups. regular and lunar. Both of these tubes ripped at the valve stem while inflating them with a mini pump trail side. I have learned not to waste my money on this brand. It is probley ok for commuting.

bontrager. specialized, all kinds i dunno.

[Jun 05, 2003]
Allen

Strength:

Light,

These tubes offer such a weight reduction off any regular tubes. I haven't had any any flats, but I ride fairly hard on the downhills. I used to pinch flat a lot (bad technique and not enough pressure), but as long you ride with some finesse, and fill your tires with 40-45 psi you shouldn't pinch flat on anything but the fastest of technical downhills.

regular Performance tubes

[Jun 04, 2003]
david

Strength:

None-

Too weak and not durable-My tube blew up going down hill on my road bike. Luck I did not wind up in the emergency!

Better use the larger name brand tube or one that is a few grams heavier for safety's sake!

michelin, continental, specialized turbo

[Jul 17, 2002]
Mark

Strength:

Light

Still waiting

I've been forunate, have run the tubes for two months and the stem has only busted on one while removing the trail pump. Performance said that it was a defect and replaced it for free. I'm 195lbs and run them at a very high PSI. I do deflate them a little after each ride. Great way to drop weight in a noticable area.

Torrelli(Not dependable), basic tubes

[Sep 10, 2002]
Bufulo

Strength:

Lightweight.

Expensive unless purchased when on sale. Pinch flat easily; especially when used with narrow tires.

Worked great for months with 2.1 Mythos XC. Went to 1.95 Mythos XC in the rear and pinch flatted alot. Seemed to hold up to thorns as well as any other tube I've tried (even tubes that were twice the weight). I'd still be using these if I hadn't discovered Stan's tubeless system.

Specialized Super-Thin tubes.

[Sep 26, 2001]
Steve

Strength:

The tubes are light, hold air well, and are affordable.

Just not dependable enough.

I'm suffering many more flats over the same trails I've ridden in the past. The inner tube walls seem too thin to take the pressure of riding. Almost all my flats are caused by the tube exploding rather than a puncture. This almost never happened to me in the past. I've just changed bikes and I'm having the same problem with my new rims. As soon as the last tube I have pops I'll be time to try something new.

[Sep 12, 2001]
Bill

Strength:

it IS light

flat easy, shred easy, too fragile

blew my front tire today, it popped like a gun going off. they say to run a good rim strip. it was the abrasion/friction on/around the rim strip that made this tube go "POP". maybe they work only with Velox. they are light but way to fragile and thin, for my taste. i have had no problem with the ultra-lights so back to those

performance ultra-lites w no problems