Michelin Racing VTT Tube

Ultralight MTB Racing Tube

• Mountain bike specific racing tube.
  • Ultralight at 144 grams!
  • Sizes: 26"x1.6/2.2" with standard valve & presta valve (US only).

• User Reviews (1)

jonowee   Weekend Warrior [Jun 27, 2004]
    Strength:

[Review for Michelin AirPlus tubes.]
    - Higher overall puncture resistance than butyl tubes.
    - 1.2mm wall thickness has been very useful to me.
    - Neat green colour and blue valve cap (who cares...)

- Weight, I aren't no weight weenie. For god-sake it's 215g not much heavier.
    - Double the price of $8 butyl tubes, but eventhough $2 dearer than Michelin AirStop, these are well worth the extra cost.

Cost:
    - Twice that of normal butyl.
    - Only AUD$2 more than AirStop tubes.

Is it worth the extra cost?... Absolutely!

Today I ran these babies at 25psi (remember it's a hardtail with weak wheels) at a XC race, hit jumps and loose rocks no flat at all. There's this jump (off the racing line)on this combo DH/XC track where it's there's a roll over allowing easy speeding up and I got a few 1m airs running 3-5m from lift off then run into a moderate loose rock garden and still these tubes didn't pinch-flat.

I install one AirPlus on the rear wheel at the start of this year(it's still there!), the front still had the punctures now and then.
    Then 2/3 months ago got sick of getting flats on the front, install AirPlus's on the front.
    With a variety of pressures, haven't had a flat in that time and I haven't even got a spare tube (I'll get one soon just in case).

These I can describe as a budget tubeless 'conversion'. Sure it's heavier than a NoTubes conversion, but I ran 25psi on rocky terrain with nice jumps on Tubes! No tubeless it's amazing.

If you ride agressive XC, this will very useful if you don't run a tubeless system or need an emergency spare tube. Clydesdale I don't know, I'm a skinny b@stard.

Similar Products Used: - Butyl tubes from IRC, Cheng Shin, Michelin & Tioga.
    OVERALL