Maxxis Welter Weight Tube

Maxxis Welter WeightTube Weight: 163 g(26"X 1.9-2.125")

Dan   All Mountain Rider [Jun 26, 2014]
Strength:

The tubes smell good when they leak. I notice that because they are always freakin' leaking.

These things are always flat. I have gotten flats on 9/17 rides with these things.

It's obviously user error that I keep sticking with these things but my lovable LBS carries only these. I ride in Austin, TX, so there are some sharp & pointies, but I've ridden with other tubes without the same level of problems. I run 30 PSI, but have had problems at higher and lower pressures.

I've had it all with these things:
* pinch flats
* punctures from thorns & rocks
* stabs from spoke holes

I can't believe that I stuck with these things for so long, I should have switched tubes much earlier.

OVERALL
LeShaghal   Weekend Warrior [Jul 05, 2011]
Strength:

I guess if you want big thick tubes that are no better than regulars they're perfect?

big honken' weight, not as burly as they'd have you believe

I got 2 rides at Versailles SP in Indiana before I noticed slouch in my front tire...hmm...ate lunch...tire now flat. I thought "Sheisse! I put that on wrong and pinched the tube." (2 days before I had retired my old Mythos {red sidewall}and gotten the new ones so I replaced the tubes as well)

I got the tire off that night and found not 1, nor 2, but 4 thorns had come through the tire and subsequently the tube. I walked the trail back to the truck and passed two th0rny stems laying over the trail, well they should be tougher than that...*sigh*
just run Mr. Tuffy tire liners and light tubes.
Lesson learned.