Kenda Super Lite Tubes Tube

Super Lite Tubes

Kenda Superlight Presta Valve Tube 26": .73mm wall thickness butyl tube...

MiG82au   Racer [Jun 29, 2010]
Strength:

Smooth valve stem and thin rubber

Valve separation after a few hours despite careful handling, mounting and pumping.

I bought five of these tubes yesterday in 26x1.25 size and three of them have separated from the valve with the bike just standing in the room. First two were at 80 psi and today the front went at 50 psi. Rear is still intact.

Obviously a bad batch but it may indicate poor quality and process control.

Similar Products Used: CST, Kenda, unknown, Michelin Latex
Veda   Cross Country Rider [Apr 26, 2010]
Strength:

@134gr it's lighter than Kenda Welter Weight (156gr).

Need to fill the PSI every week but I do that every week anyway so no issue.

At $4 it's not that much more expensive than stadard tubes especially when people spent much more on a single part. This is the tube to get for a true weight weenie. Just make sure to bring an extra tube and pump when doing real XC far away from the main road.

Similar Products Used: Kenda Welter Weight, United standard thick tube, CSI tubes.
debusama   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2009]
Strength:

Lighter than most tubes, stronger than most light tubes.

Not as strong as the heavier tubes (I imagine, although I haven’t popped one yet), not the lightest tubes possible.

I’ve had the same Kenda Super Lite tubes since March (its now mid-July) and I haven’t had any flats. I’ve been running them under Karmas and Mythos IIs, which aren’t particularly protective tires, but I don’t have a lot of thorns and such in my area. I know that some tubes are lighter, but I doubt they would have held up for so long. I’m sure that some of the heavier tubes are more durable, but I haven’t needed it.

I think these are a good happy medium between the fragile ultra light tubes and the heavier, but bulletproof tubes. My only gripe would be that I have to add about 5 PSI every 5 or 6 rides, or once every couple of weeks, whichever comes first.

Similar Products Used: Cheap Novara tubes
spec4life   Cross Country Rider [Apr 05, 2009]
Strength:

superlite...

thin sidewalls that pop and leak air

these tubes are light but after only 2 rides both popped in about 6 miles of easy riding...also they lose alot of pressure while just sitting..

Similar Products Used: kenda
Keith   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2006]
Strength:

Super Lite as the name says! I've been kicking around the idea of going tubless but I have no problem with these tubes so why fix whats not broken.

I haven't found any yet, maybe it's only weakness is that it's a tube?

I love these tube, I've had no problem with them dropping in PSI, plus they hold up well on my local trails. bottom line is they just work.

Similar Products Used: a bit of everything
Ian Smith   Cross Country Rider [Jun 02, 2005]
Strength:

Well, they're light.

Garbage. They lose 10-15 psi after one week. After spending the winter sitting, they were COMPLETELY flat. I ripped the valvestem off one during while refilling it. Maybe that wouldn't have happened had I been carefully, but it had only been one week since I last refilled it and I was, umm, not all that emotionally conscious.

Don't wait your time/money on these tubes.