CST 26x2.0 tubes Tube

26x2.0 tubes

Cheng Shin Tyre Company Cheng Shin 26x2.0 tubes

DBMMTB   Cross Country Rider [Nov 03, 2010]

not durable

Tube is weak to be nice. Came stock with my Santa Cruz Heckler. Rode it one time in a park I ride all the time and got a flat. Was in the same area with my other bike a over 100 times and never got a flat. Very disappointing and definitely switching. I will patch the one I have and use it as a spare on rides but thats it.

wilson creekside   Weekend Warrior [Sep 03, 2010]

Came stock on Santa Cruz superlight. I am new to MTB, have 6 punctures so far in the first 2 weeks of riding. Is this normal?

It must be me?? I am repairing a flat after every ride.

Kev   Cross Country Rider [Jul 17, 2007]
Strength:

Covered approx 1900 miles with these tubes with only one puncture.

Dont know of any

Would have no problem with buying a new Cheng shin tube based on my experience and the fact it is good value for money.
Would recommend these tubes to anyone.

Similar Products Used: Have used Specialized tubes on other bike with the same reliability.
Sharambra Patel   [Apr 24, 2007]
Strength:

tubes are tubes arnt thay

these ones pop on you

bike ride if tube not pop, bike dont ride if tube pop. mite try this tubless thing just out, look sik

MaxTO   Weekend Warrior [Apr 16, 2007]
Strength:

Does the job...as long as it's not a lemon

Seems weak (broke off valve), quality issues (some work, others leak)

These came stock on my new bike. I decided to pick up a spare one while at MEC. Good thing that I picked up a Continental tube as well. When I replaced the tube it wouldn't hold air. I mounted it again, same results. I got fed up and put in a tube from a different manufacturer. The other one is still holding up, so my guess is that there are quality/consistency issues.

Similar Products Used: Continental
Jorgex   Weekend Warrior [Sep 22, 2006]

It does the job for tires 1.75 to 2.1, nothing more than XC.

Similar Products Used: Many Ritchey butyl tubes, Continental anti-snakebites(super!!), Maxxis fr/dh tubes, Nokian 2.1-3.0 tubes, Michelin c4(i guess?)...
Big Dave   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2001]
Strength:

They never gave me any trouble for about 550 miles of rough trail riding. Until...

The valve stem separated from the tube. It actually didn't happen while I was riding. It happened sometime overnight and in the morning half the stem had broken from the tube.

Well I usually run 40psi in my tire which dosen't seem too unusual so I guess i got a bad tube. They came with my bike so I'm not going to complain too much but I would hope that a tube dosen't break on it's own. Oh well I guess you take a gamble with these tires they either hold up or they don't. I'll give it two chilis for overall because they did hold up for a year before this happened. Three for value because they came with the bike. By the way i have the 26*1.50 models.

Hud   [Jun 27, 2001]
Strength:

Cheap (price).

Cheap (stems).

The price doesn't make up for the tendency of these tube's stems to break off. Reading other reviews, this seems to be a common problem. After about 500 miles of riding, you better replace these tubes; otherwise, you are going to find yourself out on the trail due to a flat caused by the &@#$ stem. I expect to get flats due to thorns, but not due to failure of the product.