Canadian Tire Flat Resistent Tubes Tube

Canadian Tire Flat Resistent Tubes Tube

Canadian Tire Flat Resistent Tubes

[Sep 07, 2003]
Kyoto Bob

Strength:

Haven't gotten a flat on any of my bikes with this tube. Allows for use with high-efficiency, low-rolling-resistance commuter tires.

Weights like two tubes

This is the "best" inner tube for a bike if you ride in a municipality that has unswept streets with glass and construction debris everywhere.

Kenda "slime" tube which didn't work fast enough. It took 4 pump-ups for the Kenda goo to stop the air leak. However, I wasn't confident enough with the Kenda stop-leak for long term cycling, and ended up scrapping the Kenda anyway.

[Sep 09, 2002]
brian

Strength:

Thick as rhino skin. these are some tubes...they know how to build em here

A little heavy...but then again so is Rita MacNeil but Canada loves her anyway.

THey are worth it both money wise and weight wise. I kept getting flats (2 in 3 days) then after these babys...no FLATS!!!!!! they rock. GO CANADIAN TIRE

Chen Shing, anti puncture...

[May 14, 2000]
Chris

Strength

Weight (but who's counting.)

These tires are good for lower pressure but if you have them in the 50's and do drops kiss 'em good bye. I found that the hard way.

[Jul 24, 1999]
mtb_411

I'm still on my first set but now have moved them to my new LTS-2000 DS. On my first ride riding on the road I got a flat. Uh-oh! Actually, I rode over a tack that stuck out of the tire at a 90 degree angle. It went right through the tire and the tube but I was still able to ride home... plus another 20km easy trail riding! I patched it up and am now running sub 35psi everywhere including the super rocky terrain of Bromont, Quebec and no problems yet. These tubes are still the best! Even a tubless tire could not have withstood that tack incident!

[Apr 03, 1999]
mtb_411
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Absolutly no possibility of EVER getting a flatCHEAP!!!!

Heavy

These tubes are killer! You can honnestly run about 5-7 less psi than with other tubes. I ride on rocky technical East coast trails so I've had my share of flats. You buy these in big-ass boxes 'cuz they are so thick! It's like running a garden hose as a tube! NO FLATS EVER!!!!!!! The downside is weight but I figure you save that weight by not ever needing a patch kit! In over a year on my rear tire, I have not had a flat while riding over things that have flatted my friends tubes. GET 'EM!!!!!!

Specialized tubes

[Jul 01, 2005]
chris

Strength:

rock solid tube wall at a rock solid weight

tube valve mounting

We have both used these tubes for about 2 years--me because I run very low pressure (24 - 28) and my son for the drops. Over the last year we have had 3 failures of these tubes--always the same defect. The valve stem separates slightly at its mounting on the tube. It's just a very small crack that developes, but there goes the air! Now this is on two completely different bikes and two very different riders. Possible qaulity control issue? I have been now reinforcing this stem mount area with a tube repair disc drilled out in the centre.

We are also now trying Duro Thorn Proof (same massive tube, but made in Taiwan; the CT's are made in China)

maxxis, nokian, hutchison DH tubes

[Apr 02, 2002]
SGT. ROCK

Strength:

Thickest rubber this side of a tractor tube
Only in Canada, eh? Pity!

Weight

These have to be the thickest bike tubes on the planet. They are actually CCM brand tubes, and they almost as much as a Kevlar bead XC tire! You could run them without a tire, if you could hold 'em on the rim. A Nokian DH tube looks like a Ramses superthin compared to this puppy!

Buy one just to have people ask "Where the hell did you get that thing?"

There is nothing similar