WTB Vulpine 2.1 Tire

Vulpine 2.1

A semi-slick XC racing that excels in dry, hardpack conditions.

Edgar Arellano   [Jan 15, 2013]
Strength:

Extremely Fast!! Perfect Cornering. Perfect for tarmac. Very light.

Not very good for gravel. It goes off very quickly.

I use this in my rear wheel and a WTB Raijin 2.1 on the front. This combination gives me speed on tarmac and grip on gravel. Very efficient.

kstatman   Racer [Jun 04, 2009]
Strength:

FAST!!!

Longevity, Wet conditions

This tire is fast. If you are racing a fast hard pack course that requires ultimate efficiency then put this guy on your rear wheel.

I have it set up tubeless running around 25 psi and it was worked great, hooks up beautifully on climbs and just spins up like a road slick with some good cornering knobs.

If you are not a racer this is not a tire for you. I do not use this tire in training, only for racing, as it wears down very quickly.

As a fast cross country race tire this baby excels and would suggest it to anyone looking for a tire of this sort!

Similar Products Used: Hutchinson Piranha
Jason   [Mar 10, 2008]

I have 60 miles on this tire (rear). It's my first semi-slick and I was skeptical. It's very fast and provides enough grip on smooth hardpack. It also corners pretty darn well. Not a tire for loose conditions (obviously). The sidewalls are tough for a 495 gram tire. Use for it's intended purpose (XC racing and pump tracks), and you will be very pleased. Bought it for the Sea Otter XC course. I am running a Nanoraptor 2.1 up front. I will buy another Vulpine for the front when the conditions are right.