WTB Pathway Tire

• GMS 38/38
  • CASING - Folding and Steal

• User Reviews (1)

The Captain   All Mountain Rider [Jan 23, 2014]
    Strength:

Light for the size, fast on the road, dependable on dirt, long wearing

I would love to be able to find larger sizes.

I bought a pair of these and slapped them on my Surly Long Haul Trucker. In my case, the tires measure 26x2.0. Prior to the Pathways, I was running Continental City Contacts. I put them on for a specific ride, a mix of dirt canal paths and road on a 31-mile loop in Phoenix. And then I couldn't bear to take them off, until my wife STOLE THEM for her hard tail. Why? Because they rock. I had to get myself a new pair. They are very close to road-tire fast; my buddy was on a MTB with more trail-oriented tires and though he is usually faster than me, I tore him apart. On the dirt, they were stable and plush at 65 psi, with great cornering and braking feel. They are the ideal tire for a bike that is mostly on the road, but tempts me to veer onto single track at the slightest provocation. My new ones are on order. If I could have these in a bigger size (they run small in the 26), I would seriously consider running them on my hard tail mtb for our dry, dusty conditions. Especially (are you listening, WTB?) if I could have them as a tubeless setup. I like them better than Small Block 8s, for example. It might be the most perfect tire I have ridden for a mix of dirt and street.