WTB InterWolf 38c Tire

InterWolf 38c

The Interwolf features a large casing that decreases pinch flats while better supporting the tread. It also features a double fin-like center tread with low, stable outside knobs for secure cornering on the tarmac.

Chris V.   Weekend Warrior [Aug 15, 2009]
Strength:

Cheap, good all arounder.

Not thorn resistant. Wear quickly.

I like these tires. Especially when I get them on sale for 9.95 a piece from Nashbar. The tire rolls nicely on gravel roads and gives some cush. They are also decent performers on pavement when I commute. I have had a few goat heads easily puncture these tires, but that is how it works. If I was a daring fellow I would set these tires up tubeless. I know of another local rider that rode one of these tires tubeless for many miles. I have put over 2-3K on these tires over the last couple of years. The rear will wear quickly, but at 10.00 bucks a tire I am not worried too much about it. Some of the more expensive tires will easily set you back 50-75 bucks a piece!! With wider rims the tire contact patch flattens out nicely and they handle well IMHO.

Similar Products Used: Allterainasuras
Ron   Weekend Warrior [Jul 14, 2008]
Strength:

Three flats in less than 500 miles due to poor puncture resistance.

When I first started riding these tires they seemed almost sticky and very soft. Picked up lots of small stones on gravel trails for the first 250 miles. After 3 puncture flats I give up!

(I rode the same paths and routes last year with my old 1980's hard tail steel frame mountain bike with the original old tires. Never had a flat in 1200 miles!)

Similar Products Used: MTB Tires
Paul   Cross Country Rider [May 29, 2008]
Strength:

None noticed.

Rear tire wore in center VERY quickly. Front tire cracked a reinforcing wire and started puncturing tubes in about 10 months.

Nothing good to say.

Similar Products Used: Stock with bike
Don   Weekend Warrior [Oct 05, 2007]
Strength:

MTB tire level traction - whether climbing on MTB trails or flying down forest service roads, lots of volume to handle the rough trails, tough... no flats or cuts, price!

a bit on the heavy side... but who cares.

I've ridden these through the front range of Colorado - including Rollins Pass with full packs and all over the Georgia mountains. I would recommend them to anyone. They're fast enough for the road and allow you to venture into most mtb trails on a bike with drop bars. I wish I could say it was the pilot but unfortunately not.