WTB Bronson 2.3 Tire

• Lightweight casing with Inner Peace

[May 13, 2015]
Bill
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

great 26 inch rear tire for Moab if you have a tubeless wide rim, great match with a Wolverine front tire

very stiff and difficult to mount on non-tubeless rims, not cheap, in fact expensive

Worth the trouble of mounting, doesn't seem to get loathed flats, been using it in Moab for two seasons on 26 inch Epic and 26 inch Blur

Schwabe various

[Mar 13, 2013]
Tony

Strength:

Traction in muddy conditions, clean out well, low rolling resistance for width

Heavy

Ride in the muddy rooted Pacific Northwest and the performance of these tires is superior. They hook up on mud and roots very well and clean out very quickly.

[Feb 19, 2013]
Goat

Strength:

Works better on the rear. Good lean angle. Just sit & spin on rear.will climb anything you have the leg for. Good winter rear tire.

Sorry people I thought this tire sucked on the front. This tire did a lot of squirming & wandering on the ups & downs. When things got tight or primitive & slow tec it just didn't hold a line well. Rode for about3 months. Removed the Bromson & replaced it with a Minion 2.3 & things got way better.

I ride the tight & primitive single tracks of Mt Diablo so I need a tire that tracks like a slot car. This tire always seemed to be in the wrong spot when setting up for the next chute.

[Jun 08, 2012]
Tjay
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Very low rolling resistance.
Lightweight for AM riding: 630g and 640g for both of my 2.3's.
Easy to mount Tubeless on Stans Crest rims
No problem with sidewalls yet although mine is the Race Version not the TL-R version.
Can lean the bike low

I still hope that they make these for TL-Ready at 650 grams. Those UST Bronson 2.3's are HEAVY!

I've had these for 1 month now but I had clocked in: 29 hours and 206 miles on it so I guess I can put a review on this tire now. :)

I weighed these tires and one came in at 630g while the other came in at 640g which is pretty light! Mounting these on Crest rims are super easy using a floor pump. First ride impression, holy sh!7 this tire is FAST! I came from weight weenie background so I had maxxlite, RK, RoRo, RaRa, Xmark, etc... I didn't expect these tires to be this fast and for 2.3?!! Just check this out...

I had 21 lbs XC/HT carbon bike with RK 2.2 rear and RoRo 2.2 front= 36 mins 12 seconds on a 4.8 mile climb.

On my 29 lbs AM/FS, I tried all the XC tires I got (including crossmark 2.1) and can only do 38 mins but with these Bronson 2.3's I was able to match the time to= 36 mins and 27 seconds (on a windy day)but really, I think I beat that time if only I didnt had to stop twice because I saw two of my buddies on the trail in different occation and maybe stopped for a total of 2 mins.

I was only using schwalbe tires for a while but after running this tire for a month, I had already pulled out my nobby nics, rocket rons off my other bike and bought WTB Weirwolf to try and 2.1 Bronson. If only they have this in 650b.

Nobby Nic 2.2, 2.4
Rocket Ron 2.2, 2.4
Panaracer XC and FR

[Mar 19, 2012]
tbbikes

Strength:

Fast Rolling
Good Side Grip
Sheds mud better than you'd expect it to

maybe a little pricey, but you get what you pay for

Best front tire I've ever used! It tracks well, handles anything you can throw at it, even sheds mud better than alot of tires with similar tread pattern. I'm running it tubeless on Stan's flows and couldn't be more happy. The cornering grip is what really sets it apart. I run it around 30 psi and it rolls very fast but still puts alot of tread on the dirt.

Very fast tire, great for any condition I'll ever experience here in the midwest.

WTB wolverine, Continental Mountain King

[Jan 28, 2012]
MS

Strength:

Grips well in all conditions. Does well in the wet & muddy conditions in Washington state. They can handle slick logs & roots, loose dirt, rocks, etc. Huge improvement over my old Purgatories, and they're also not as heavy. These are great tires & they're now my tire of choice.

Great overall all conditions XC and all mountain tire. They could have made them with slightly harder rubber, so they'll last a little longer. The sidewalls of the non-race version seemed very thin, (120 tpi) but they are cheaper. I bought the race version & they're holding up very well so far.

Great tires. I'm planning on buying more of these.

I've used Specialized Purgatory 2.2, The Captain Control 2.0, WTB Prowler & Velociraptors.

[Dec 29, 2011]
markvoch
Downhiller

Strength:

Fast rolling, cornering bite, climbing grip.

The nobs get warn a little faster than normal.

Buy it. It's a great tire. I have to change tires frequently due to conditions and these hold up well in all situations. It's fast and grips well. Bottom line is the trail feels smoother and you'll be able to lean into turns more. I am 200lbs are ride the 3.5 at 35 psi

Other 3.5 tires...high roller, chunder, weir wolf, cinder and so on.

[Aug 23, 2011]
randob300

Strength:

Good rolling speed, fantastic grip on damp/wet soil and clay

My rims are nearing ten years old and are much narrower than current rims, thus, these feel like they have a bit of lateral flex.

I only have three rides on these, but given the lack of reviews, I wanted to get my opinion out there. After replacing a set of wire bead Nevegals, I can't believe I didn't do so earlier. The Bronson's are faster and grip better on every surface. I was able to get up hills much faster thanks to the improved grip and the bike rolled much faster on the downhills. I felt much more confident leaning into the corners.

They didn't hook up quite as well on the very dry hardpack, but we don't get all that much dry dirt, so it's not of a concern to me. If most of your riding is dry, I don't think you'd find these to be as good and I suspect better option are out there. Any type of moisture in the soil (and especially clay) and these really stuck to the ground.

I will update after a few more weeks/months of riding, but I can already tell you these are my new all-purpose tires.

Nevegals as an overall general purpose tire

[Jul 18, 2011]
mvbomber

Strength:

Fast rolling, super traction, amazing cornering

Looks skinny( measures full ) a little slick on wet roots & logs.

I bought this tire paired with a new Wierwolf up front as WTB recommends and all I can say is it is the best tire combo that I have riddin. Trails here are usually wet, rooty, rocky and on occasion perfect. These tires have been flawless in climbing, cornering, bombing and side hilling flat rocks. They a little slippery on the wet roots and log rides, but I am running a few extra pounds of air than I used too. I can't complian though. Mark and Jason designed some amazing tires here. If you like to haul ass and rip through corners and don't want a big fat tire you need these. Probably not the right tire for the big freerider or shuttle only rider.

Nevagals, Maxxis Colassals

[May 26, 2011]
John Arce

Strength:

EXCELLENT all around tire. I tried several before settling on this one. I ride trails with a little of everyting, and this handles it all well, even mild downhill. VERY impressed.

Doesn't quite shed mud as well as I expected, but doesn't cake up either. A little pricey, but its a recently released tire, will proly come down when it's been out awhile.

I tried several tires in combination looking for a good all around set up. I am not a professional, but I do ride multiple times a week. The local trails here have everything from single track, rock gardens, slick rock, Drops, and other technicals stuff, all in a 2.5 mile loop. I finally settled on this tire in the front, and a Small Block 8 in the back, both in 2.3 width. I wanted to find this combination for some planned long back country rides this summer that have quite a mix of terrain. I also sometimes ride from my house to some nearby trailheads, and was sick of fighting motorcycle knobs for the pavement sections. These tires roll excellent, and sacrifice very little in the grip department. I sometimes have to pull the Small 8 along, but the performance combination overall is still very positive. I used to change tires depending on where I was going to ride, but I think I will be leaving these 2 on all summer, and see how they do, INCLUDING a riding trip to Canmore, Ab in August. I am optimistic, but taking some DH tires with me just in case.

Kenda Small block 8, Slant 6, Maxxis high roller, WTB Weirwolf and Prowler.