WTB All Terrain Tire

• LEVEL COMP / SPORT / SPORT
  • DETAILS - steel bead | standard rubber | rugged casing

• User Reviews (12)

supersedona   All Mountain Rider [Dec 26, 2012]
    Strength:

Good low noise decent grip road/multi tire. On dry road it is smooth and quiet, in wet it is very neutral handling with low sling.

Not sure so much yet, but I would not be inclined to do soft trails with it.

Great tire for commuting in all weather. The first day I used it was dry and cold on the way out to work and it was about as effective as I could expect. It has less drag than my 2.1 inch Bontrager slicks and rides a little softer. Biggest thing is they have way more grip in the slush/wet than the slicks without paying for the vibration/drag that the mud and trail tires did.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager Comfort slick 2.1, Panaracer Fire XC, Panaracer Trailblaster, Ritchey Zmax, WTB Velociraptor
    scorchedearth   Weekend Warrior [Nov 06, 2012]
    Strength:

Not a bad tyre. I had the 32C size that came stock with my Volpe and it suited me just fine. Rolling resistance was decent and I only got one flat before my weekend of successive flats which indicated that I needed a new pair. Total distance ridden before replacement: 2200km.

They trap dirt and other debris in the treads.

Not a bad tire. I am switching to slicks for my next set though.

Roller   Weekend Warrior [Apr 20, 2011]
    Strength:

very long wearing, smooth, quiet, CHEAP!

easy flats

This review is for a hybrid bike but I use it on dirt paths occasionally.

These tires are size 700x40, and they are much more durable than the 30/32's I had.

I have a couple of years on them and the center is worn but the rest is like new.

Very easy rolling.

They do get flats easily, and I got a flat on the front 30/32 and destroyed the tube, but I rode 17 miles with the tire on the rim, including a long down hill road section, and it was fine afterwards and I continued to use the tire until the tread was nearly gone with no problems at all!

WTB tires are the only ones I buy now because they never tear out the sidewalls, and that has happened to every other brand that I have tried.

They are always cheap and if you look around you can often find them for next to noithing.

Similar Products Used: same tire, 700 30/32 size; big difference as far as wear.
    bjglenn90   Cross Country Rider [Apr 24, 2010]
    Strength:

good traction, quite, light and smooth

Flats, this tire hates glass and sharp stones. I upgraded to thicker tubes but just got the 4th flat in 5 months. In Frankfurt there is lots of glass everywhere beer bottles and wine bottles. So I bought some Infinity Armadillo Tires and their best tubes that seal themselves. I ride daily and maybe drive a car once a week maybe so to many flats on these tires it is sad they are still like new.

Hates GLASS!! and sharp stones other than that I liked them...Eat's tubes.

mneal   Weekend Warrior [Feb 27, 2010]
    Strength:

Good Tread wear, Quiet, 2 years with no flats! Very good in the dirt and on the road.

Like to catch small rocks in the tread, a little tricky in mud.

I have been looking for a set of All Terrain type tires for this bike for a while and finally took a chance on these. I do a lot of overnight fishing/camping trips on this bike and get off-road at times, nothing too serious though.
    These tires have been more than up to the challenge and VERY flat resistant. Sweet tire, still look as good as the day I bought them :)

Similar Products Used: First set of All Terrain type tire.
    XxKilr0yxX   Weekend Warrior [Nov 27, 2009]
    Strength:

Strong long lasting trend, relatively low rolling resistance, great puncture resistance.

Knobby, and bad in loose packed surfaces.

I do not have too much experience with any other tires but I do like these ones. I have ridden on many different surfaces from, trail to towpath to city commuting and the only thing I have problems getting through is sand and gravel. Some other reviews have said these tires have problems in mud and from my experience my tear through mud, at least relatively shallow mud. Overall I have had a great experience with these tires and if you are looking for a long lasting all-around tire this is it!

ben middleton   Racer [Jun 07, 2009]
    Strength:

an absolutely awesome tire. I commute with it, and have done so with the same set of tires on my bianchi volpe for 4 years. I can't seem to wear out the tread.

not a slick, so it'll slow you down, but, it's a great tire to get in shape. I try to get as fast as I can on my road bike. Then when I get on my road bike, I'm faster.

buy them if you want a great deal; don't if you looking for speed.

blue_dragon   Weekend Warrior [Aug 22, 2008]
    Strength:

Great grip on pavement and hardpack, cheap, slow tread wear, fast mud cleaning.

Bad grip on fire roads

Quite a good tire. I can have only one bike and use two sets of tires, one for off-road, other for road rides and switch between them every month or two. I've had these for a month now. They-re great! Low rolling resistance, silent and fast. After 780km I can't see any sign of wear on them. Punctured only once with a thorn. They weigh 630g.

Russell   Weekend Warrior [May 06, 2008]
    Strength:

Extrememly Fast rolling! Does not wear? It's a magic tire that will last twice as long a anything I've ridden. I've ridden them in all conditions for over 2 years and they still look new - It's weird. . .

They don't shed mud quite as well as I'd like and behave strangely in sand (vibrate when accelerating).

I would recommend them for anyone who enjoys urban rides on their trail bike and doesn't want to change tires between rides.