Vittoria Mezcal G+ Tire

Vittoria Mezcal G+ Tire

Fast all-rounder with an updated modern and clean design, enhanced with G+ Isotech* compound. Defined center ridge tread with capable side knobs, emphasized on speed. Available in 2.1" to 2.6" width in 26" through 29" diameters.

[Apr 11, 2018]
debusama

Strength:

I used to always ride Racing Ralphs before I moved to Arizona, but The RR lasted about a month on the Rough granite in the Phoenix mountain reserve near my home. The RR is made from light, sticky rubber which is which is why the lugs grind off so quickly. The Mezcal is not as light and grippy, but it's not heavy and it grips well enough while also lasting 3X as long, so I'll take it. This is a great tire for someone like myself who races occasionally, only has one mountain bike and doesn't want to change tires before and after every race

The only down-fall is that they slip all over the place on hard surfaces when they are wet. This only bothers me about twice a year in my location, but I gotta take a star away for that since everyone doesn't live in the desert.

Price Paid:
OVERALL
[Sep 03, 2016]
David
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Roll fast, great grip, price, last.

This is the new design, it's really an XC tire and it's performance is similar to their Saguaro model. This new Mezcal has a better centre line tread pattern though which gives better grip on roots, especially wet roots. Vittoria tires are always great, a lot of our training rides are all-mountain with big uphills, big downhills, rocks, roots, hardpack, sandy soil, etc. These tires are light and tough (never tore a sidewall on a Vittoria tire yet), fast and grippy (no sense of washout on the front or lack of grip on steep, wet, rooty climbs). For what they cost and what they give you and how long they last, they are hard to beat.