Tioga Factory XC Slick Tire

Tioga Factory XC Slick Tire

• 26" x 1.85" (46mm casing; 51mm tread)
  • FAT66 casing technology
  • Weight: 530g kevlar; 560g steel

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 22, 2005]
    Alistair

Strength:

price, weight, rolls very fast on hard pack and dry trails. Handles the technical well at 50 psi

I've had more flats this summer on one tire than I've had in the past 5 years!

Is someone seeding my local trails with glass and nails? I never had this problem before, but I love this tire ... it's fast

Specialized, Michelin, Panaracer, blah blah blah

[May 25, 2007]
    Mike

Strength:

Light weight, fast rolling, reasonable price

none found yet.

Bought these originally for a 60 KM point to point race (Paris to Ancaster) that had road sections, fire roads as well as some mild single track and some muddy sections.

These tires have exceeded my expectations. They roll very well, so well that I haven't bothered to put my Specialized Nimbus slicks back on for road rides.

I can comfortably ride at almost 30 KM/H with these tires on flat ground....and they excelled in the race mentioned above.

To those who commented earlier about these tires being bad in rocks, rough trails or the wet...these are a purpose built tire...for hard, very dry terrain. If you are riding rocks, mud or technical terrain, look elsewhere.

using these tires outside their intended use is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

FWIW, I am 200 pounds and I have never had a flat on these tires.

When used as intended, these tires deliver as promised. 5 Flaming chilis.

First semi slick

[Apr 28, 2003]
    Dan

Strength:

Price!

Has a tendency to break loose on fast corners.

This is a overall a great tire for the price. Zero flats in the past 1.5 yrs., wears just as any mtb tire would and excellent climbing ability. The only downfall I experiance is that the front tire tends to break loose on fast corners.

Bontrager revolt, Fire XC pro

[Jan 08, 2006]
    da vincy Trills for kills
    Downhiller

Strength:

fast rollin,good for roadies, hard pack terrain,xc racing, good for the rear, can lessen pinch flat

slippery when wet, not good for the front, no good for steep descent

this wheely are good for the rear, hard pack/dry season terrain, you can ride with this baby on the rockiz! not diffinitely for front

any low resistant wheel

[Nov 13, 1998]
    Raging Richy
    weekend warrior

Nice tires, came on my '99 Scott Comp Racing. They looked quite capable of dealing mud, but they didn't. The first pool was enough to make me kiss up with mother earth. Big downer, she stinks when she's wet!
    O yes, they work fine when circumstances are dry and flat, but that is not what I bought my bike for! (I'll buy the old 2.1 Banzais again..cheap and real mud masters) Why do manufactures put slicks on MTB's? I hate compromises!

[Apr 11, 1999]
    Stummel
    Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Low rolling resistance
    Good tyre on dry and wet terrain

If there is to much mud there gonna slip

A good tyre if it's used in dry and not too muddy terrain. Low rolling resistance

michelin wildgripper

[Oct 20, 1999]
    gigsy

Strength:

light, looks good, good tread on thew edges, not too rounded

None as yet. Worried about flats. Wet, slick surfaces will be a watchout.

I like them so far. My theory is that if it gets a little boggy, the square edges should provide enough grip. Have noticed some linear wheel spin in the wet. Cornering is good. You have to consider that these are situation specific treads - they won't perform great in everything, but I think they're versatile enough in rougher conditions to prevent any disasters. If you're using them in conditions other than what they're meant for all the time, you're an idiot and need to choose a different tire. 5 ring stingers.

IRC, Panaracer

[Oct 11, 1999]
    GTRider
    Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Light,Fast,hook up well under most conditions

Pain to get off rim.

Great tires for all sorts of riding.But remember they are slicks.So they are not perfect.A pain in the tail to get off my rims when flat.

wildgripper sprints.

[Jun 07, 1999]
    Willy

I had a MTB race this last weekend that had over 5 miles of pavement. I decided to use some slicks because of this. The day of the race it was pouring and everyone was changing to their mud tires. I didn't change (duh). When we got to the first muddy climb they mud was so sticky that everybody else was gumming up and the slick hooked up and I had no problems. I'm not smart enough to have guessed right I was just to lazy to change tires before the race and they worked great. For me this day, these unique conditions they are 5 flamers worth. I'll post another review after I ride them more.

[May 30, 1999]
    Travis Allen

Strength:

Low rolling resistance, excellent cornering ability, low weight.

Muddy Conditions, Rocky conditions.

This tyres are good only in hardpack dry conditions. They are pathetic in rocky conditions , even on dirt road with some rocks. I had 6 flats when riding these on a rocky dirt road which totally destroyed the rear tyre with cuts in several places (I tried to vary air pressure to avoid pintch flats but did not seem to help). If you ride on Olympic control trials these are fine but for normal racing and training conditions these tyres are not good enough

Most other Tioga tyres