Syncros BHT HD Tire

Syncros BHT HD Tire

BHT tires are custom designed to wear evenly. The softer 50 durometer front tire provides steering and control while the harder 55 rear provides traction for acceleration and braking.

• CAP technology
  • Rubber compounds

[Dec 03, 2008]
EyeDefy
Downhiller

Strength:

LOOONG LASTING, GRIPPY AS HAIL, GREAT CONTROL

Hard to find in the US. Expensive (except on eBay).

I just got my 2nd set because I found a good price for them. Best FR/DH tire I've used, yet. Decent weight, excellent grip, long wear (compared to Nevegals). The sidewall is going to wear out before the tread. If you can get these on eBay, then do it. I just got another pair (2.35) to replace my current 2.5s. Don't know how the skinnier version will do, but I will transfer to my AM bike if they're not handling the harder stuff.

Kenda Nevegal, Maxxis Minion, Tioga White Tiger

[Oct 13, 2008]
trekliquid10

Strength:

Stable in all conditions flings the mud right off. Crawls right over wet logs and handles the angled sticks very well.You can depend on the tire not to slip out on you.Comfortable ride, Its sticky and soft great gripping tire.

On the heavey side if your in a hurry going up hill

Iron Man only mad for studs . If your man enough to climb hills this tire will impress the best of the best.

I bought an extra set for when these wear out!

Trail Bear ICR

[Jun 30, 2007]
Mark W

Strength:

I mainly do freeride but occasionally ride some DH @ Whistler, using the 2.5 front (2.5 Nevegal on rear). I bought a 2nd one they're so damn good but hell, the 1st one still looks new after over 1 1/5 yrs use! Yes they're heavy but the round profile, excellent tread design, great compound/perfect hardness gives awesome speed, traction & stability in a variety of terrain & trail conditions. I've used these on soft loose sandy loam, hardpack plus your typical wet, rocky & rooty Pacific NW including numerous trips to Whistler bike park.

slightly out-of-round but not bad for a big stiff DH tire

These are fast, grippy, super hi-quality DH tires!

2.5 Nevegal

[Sep 15, 2006]
Yannick bisson

Strength:

Easy rolling, steerable/precise(2.35 front)

Price (is there an echo in this site)

My LBS "...brought these in because the dist. was out of 2.35 Nevegals ...". Fine with me. These things go for 10 to 15 bucks more per tire than the Kendas usually and I got them for the same price AND they are "front/rear specific". Sounds good. I've been having a hell of a time finding steering control and precision with the 2.25 IRC's that came stock on my AM bike and figured I'd go with the popular choice. Too popular appearantly. I put the Syncro on the front and instantly felt the hook up. Nice. It's soft and sticky yet the rolling resistance is greatly improved....I guess money does talk. I've only got a day on the new front...I'll recap. So far...already worth every penny. Full flamers just because of the newfound control!

Replacing an IRC Trail bear or some crap, specialized pro

[Sep 08, 2006]
Lukasz LooK OuT!
Downhiller

Strength:

Tested size: 2.7. Hard walls, stiff, great traction in hard conditions, pinch flat resistant

Front BHT-3 (called Race in Syncros tire specs) is quite heavy (1400g), average traction on hard terrain.

I was very surprised with BHT-3 performance in Spindleruv Mlyn in Czech. This track is very rocky, it's easy to get a flat tire, but nothing happend with Syncros on rims. Front Race tire is heavy, rolls slowly on hard flat terrain, but it's designed to be ultimate in wet conditions and it is. Tested in the rain and light snow on rocks. Light Schwalbe tubes and Hardcore BHT's are simply the best.

Nokian Gazzaloddi Dual 2.6

[Sep 06, 2006]
Hari Parotestorcles

Strength:

Great, predictable grip esp cornering and braking and in loose over hard or soft dirt.

Somewhat fast wearing as expected for rel soft compound.

Intended for more freeride but I find this a fantastic winter or after rain dirt tyre as still rolls fine and really inspires confidence where a trail / XC tyre can let you down.
Much fun railing hard in dirt or clay as only starts to drift when expected and seems to do so in a controllable way.

Nevegal, Conti Vert, Conti Gravity, Tioga, Zmax

[Feb 28, 2008]
j iba

Strength:

Rolls and performs well on mucky or hard pack. I haven't used it on wet root or rock, or sandy surfaces yet, but I don't expect anything different. Held the line better than expected on a fast muddy fire road downhill.

Not perfectly round and a little heavy (2.35). I also not really excited about all the white print on the sidewall, but that doesn't matter when your riding.

Great all mountain tire for all conditions I used it for, especially for what I paid. It's a little heavy for serious cross country nuts, but that's not what it's for. I'm not sure what actual retail would be for this tire, but my value raring is based on my ebay price. The only reason it's only 4 chilis on overall rating is because of weight and for any specific condition there might be better out there.

Kenda Klaw 2.1 and IRC Mibro 2.2

[Sep 23, 2007]
Todd H

Strength:

so far great tire, awesome corning fornt and rear, good in the mud and wet sand, excellent flat pro. all around one of the best I have had.

a little heavy but worth it

I have both the front and rear BHT 2. This is a good solid tire. I got cheap on ebay 40.00 for the set. If you can find these and need an all around tire cause your too cheap to buy a spare set of rims like then this is a good choice.

wtb, specialized, maxxis