Sweetskinz Hazarea Tire

Hazarea

As in Hazardous to the ego of Mother Earth. The stroboscopic effect of these tires is darn near hypnotizing. They lull the ground asleep, fast asleep. And you rip it up like a maniac.

rboyboy   Cross Country Rider [Jun 06, 2010]
Strength:

Extreme Bling! Safe riding at night as tires do reflects light! I only knew another rider using the tires as me.

Very slippery in tiles during rain and trail. Centered knobs got worn out easily. There are cracks found in the knobs too.

Love the tires for the bling but its really slippery that I rather sacrifice the bling it offers.

OVERALL
Bruzer   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 2009]
Strength:

The unique color style grabs people's attention.

The rubber compound may be a little soft.

This review is for the Sweetskinz tires with a Hazarea color design with the MTB Front and MTB Rear tread pattern. The Hazarea design is available in different tread patterns.

Purchased these two tires at the LBS for 1/2 price because for some reason the shop was not able to sell any of the tires they ordered.

The front tire is 26 x 2.10. The MTB Front tread pattern has a directional center dart knob and the other side knobs that point in the same direction. I have used it on single track trails and been been very happy with the control.

The rear tire is 26 x 2.10. The MTB Rear tread pattern has a tread pattern with wide knobs that clears dirt very well. I have encountered some loss of traction but only on very steep leaf covered hills, where I have lost traction with other 26 inch bikes and tires.

The sidewall of the tires indicate the manufacturer is Vee Rubber. The color is applied to the outside of the tires, and wears off where the knobs contact the ground. From the side the color is very noticeable and remains intact.

I use the recommended min pressure (40 psi) for these tires off road and they have provided very confident handling characteristics.

I purchased the tires mainly because they grabbed my attention at the bike shop. People always comment on the tires, and that is why I bought them.

I clearly like the visual design, but am pleasantly surprised they perform fine too. Are they light? Probably not I don't care. I am not a racer, only a weekend warrior and demand very little of my tires, and these have fit the bill.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Team Control, cheap Geax tires, and other stock tires.
OVERALL