Specialized Pin'it Pro Tire Tire

Specialized Pin'it Pro Tire Tire

This high-speed DH tire suits riders seeking a tough tread that digs hard into corners, and tough sidewall construction to resist flats. Ideal for long days of lift-accessed gravity riding.

[Mar 27, 2009]
hitek79

Strength:

GRIP!!!!

Too much grip!!!

I picked up a used Bullit a few weeks back that had some Nevegal 2.5's on it. They were decent, but they just didn't hook up on the rocky, loose dirt here in Colorado. I actually went with the intention of buying Minions but the shop was out. The manager told me he preferred the Pinn'it, so I figured I would try it out. I'm sure part of it is that it's a brand new tire, but damn this thing rocks! It sticks to everything and stops the bike on a dime. To the point I almost sent myself over the bars it bit so hard. We'll see how it hold up in the long run, but so far I'm impressed.

Kenda Nevegals

OVERALL
[Feb 21, 2008]
Norman

Strength:

Front grip, super fast roller, tough casing.

None if used in intended terrain

Something of a specialized tire. No pun intended. A hard surface (hardpack, rock) and light loose (aka dusty) over hardpack tire. Just look at the tire. It puts rubber, and edges, to the ground for traction. As such it will not penetrate firm soil. Hence this is not an all around tire. For surafces where you do not need to penetrate deep with widely spaced knobs this thing kicks arse.

While heavy you can AM these tires since they roll so fast. I have done 22+ mile, 4000 foot ascent rides.

Where I am, SoCal, it is all dry hardpack (really brown asphault) and rocks and the loose when it exists is fluffy dusty type stuff.

3 for value because you can't get this tire at a discount.

No other DH tire is like this one.

OVERALL