Specialized 03 Team Control Pro Tire Tire

03 Team Control Pro Tire

Lightweight, race ready tire for soft loose conditions. Front Specific tread design. Longer lasting compound compared to our S-Works racing tires.

hobbes317   Racer [Jul 03, 2008]
Strength:

This is the best front tire I have used. It corners better than anything I could image.

none.

I have read reviews that state that this tire is a race only tire and wears out fast. I only used this tire on the trails and I would ride on it 2-3 times a week plus one race a week. The tire has lasted me 1 year before replacement. I trust it more than any tire when i go into any corner.

Nathan   Racer [Jan 20, 2004]
Strength:

Light, skinny, good for the first month

Wear fast, weak sidewalls, not grippy at all, crappy casing easily punctured by anything

Well, I suppose they might be okay for XC racing, but only XC racing, and maybe for only one race. And if you like to take the tube changing challenge, as I have dubbed it. Buy something decent with thirty bucks...These only deserve to be OEM tires, or if you're a sponsored racer who can afford to throw away tires every week. Not grippy at all in any conditions except tacky dirt, and what tire isn't grippy in tacky dirt? Unsick crap tires...do not buy them, no matter how hard your local Specialized dealer tries to convince you that Specialized=Gods bike company.

Bad rating on value and overall, they're not cheap, and they suck.

Similar Products Used: Panaracer FireXC, IRC Mythos
Jason   Cross Country Rider [Nov 11, 2004]
Strength:

great handling tire. It does great on sand, mud, and everything in between....digs in on tight switch backs and does not wash out. Good wear for a softer tire

Great tire for front specific. There are many tires claiming they do everything great. Nothing beats a good set of tires that are front and rear specific.