Specialized 03 Nimbus Armadillo Tire Tire

03 Nimbus Armadillo Tire

Improved Armadillo for 2003 provides even better bead-to-bead flat protection for ATB commuters or street denizens.

Chris   Cross Country Rider [Aug 05, 2004]
Strength:

Puncture resistant, Good traction

None yet

With spending a lot of time riding a local bike trail in addition to my off-road adventures, I got sick of pushing the off-road tractor tires the bike came with on the pavement. I went to purchase a set of the cheaper version of these tires that doesn't have the "armadillo" technology. However, they didn't have them in stock so I went ahead and got these. I have to say that I would pay twice as much just for the performance they gave on the first day alone. Now I can keep up with the road bikes, well with some of them. No flats yet, and despite the problems some have had changing the cheaper version, these go on and off very easily. They also have a red sidewall that adds style points. Great tire for those who spend time on the pavement, just be prepared for the harsher ride and sketchiness in the dirt.