Schwalbe Super Moto Tire

Super Moto

The Super Moto is based on the Big Apple but is equipped with the new Evolution features making it an ideal tyre for riding at high speed.

Igoreha   Cross Country Rider [Sep 08, 2011]
Strength:

fast rolling, good grip, nice feel, looks, light for the size

punctures easily with glass, not cheap

Everyone must try this tyre! The feel of the fat slick is unique! It has to be run at pressures <=2.0 bar (I'm 90 kg) and then it shines! Highly recommend for hardtail.
The tyre is good for:
1. Dry hardpack
2. Moderately technical singletrack
3. Commuting
Not good for
1. Fast cornering on loose surfaces

Similar Products Used: racing ralph 2.25
natrat   Cross Country Rider [Apr 23, 2009]
Strength:

smooth on the road
great grip because of the big contact patch
rolls fast

little wide so that if the rear is out of true it will rub

sick street tire
even works on trails if they are packed but pity the fool who tries to climb anything loose with these
these tires combined with the magura martas with the 203 front rotor mean speed is scrubed of at an amazing rate. A ton of fun for urban/street riding and ok if you watch it on trails.

Similar Products Used: kenda small block 8
Karl Outerbridge   Racer [Feb 08, 2006]
Strength:

Very smooth on wet or dry loose rocks, sand, ashpalt,rocky trails. Serious traction, can be run at low tire presures, great as rear tire for a hartail, great for cross country. very light weight, easy to install and look very cool!!

Some more soft rubber for really rough terain and side wall protection.

This tyre is a sight for sore eyes. I have been raod racing for 20 years and have only taken up MTB in 2005. Since I am a serious GP motor bike fan I have always wondered why MTB does not follow in path of SuperMoto (Motorcross Bikes with soft street tyres). The Schwable Super Moto fills that void. The more rubber on the ground the more traction!!!! Big the tire diameter the smoother it rolls!!! If there is no mud, then no need for luggs (knobbies). Watch Paris to Roubuaix and you'll slicks running 169 miles of mud or dust.

Similar Products Used: Michilen City, Kenda All Terrain, Arrow Launch
Tony   [Aug 29, 2005]
Strength:

Smooth
Looks cool
Rolls fast
Grips well

Barely fits my old school steel stumpjumper frame.

These tires are truly enjoyable. The Super Motos are noticably lower rolling resistance than the Continental Town & Country tires I had on it before. They also corner better on gravel and sand than the Continentals. Nice ride as well, although I noticed quite a bit of side-to-side flex in the tire carcass while climbing out of the saddle. I'd recommend these (or similar but heavier and cheaper Big Apple) for anyone who is riding a mtb on pavement and bike paths.

Similar Products Used: Continental Town & Country
Ritchey Tom Slick
Specialized Fat Boy
Specialized Rockster Pro (semi-slick)
lomoid   Weekend Warrior [May 10, 2005]
Strength:

fast, lush, road tire with great asphalt traction and amazing suspension ability

none yet

being that there weren't any reviews yet for this tire i thought I would post my first impressions. I ride mostly asphalt, cruising around the parks in brooklyn and commuting around town. I had been riding the stock maxxis high roller tires for the past months, and decided to try a road tire and I liked the fact that these things were 2.35" (I hate looking down at a skinny tire) and the fact that they were reported to soften the ride up quite a bit. My fully rigid 1fg could certainly use some softening, so I bought'em.
the install was very easy, and as soon as I hit the pavement i was really amazed. The tires are at least twice as fast as the knobby high rollers, and they are grippy. they are lighter than the high rollers, (I think they are around 650g each), and they seem to roll forever.
And they really did soften up the ride. I rode over some rough spots inthe road I'm usually ut of the seat for and the tires sucked up most of the vibrations. It was pretty sweet. I'll give another update in a few months when I get a sense of their durability.
They are not the cheapest tire, but you can get a deal on the web and they seem to be really well made.

Similar Products Used: maxxis high roller
David Arnott   Cross Country Rider [Nov 13, 2007]
Strength:

These are the fastest tires I own. I ride them on mountain biking trails if they are dry. They absorb a lot of shock and vibration. Although they are very lightweight I have jumped wheelied and curbed these tires hundreds if not thousands of times without a flat. They are great handling on asphault and are my favorite asphault freeriding tire. Because they are so fat and round they corner really well. I would strongly recommend them for ramps parks cruisers dry trails. They are my favorite tire!

Mud

These are my favorite tires! They are super fast, smooth, excellent handling, quick turning great feeling tires. I consider them a lot of fun for riding in urban environments but I ride them where other people use knobbies a lot as well.