Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2008 Tire

• Compound: Triple
  • Weight: 460g-570g

• User Reviews (7)

Benuki   Cross Country Rider [Jan 24, 2010]
    Strength:

Weight, rolling resistance, grip, large volume (2.4)

Expensive

Great traction considering the low rolling resistance, and the high volume of the 2.4s provide a lot of small bump absorption. I haven't had any issues with sidewall tears/cuts - I consistently take these through rock gardens without issue, but the local trails aren't uber rocky. Bottom line for me is that I really love these tires, and its gonna take a very special tire to come along for me to switch.

Similar Products Used: Conti Mountain King, Race King; WTB Wolverine
    Mark pie   Racer [Nov 28, 2009]
    Strength:

They roll really well through sand & hardpack, are grippy on gravel,grassy climbs

Seem to washout on sandy corners.

They are a fast tyre, much better than the old model,could possibley be okay in not to wet conditions.

Similar Products Used: Old Racing ralphs, Race king
    Wahid   Cross Country Rider [Apr 18, 2009]
    Strength:

Light weight, seals up fast with Stans, very good grip in all kinds of conditions considering the low knobs.

Slow, the slowest tire I have ever used. I used a tube tire setup with Stan's latex so I can't say what the performance is with a tube. I used this only on the back. No matter what the ground composition or condition it felt like I was peeling velco, good for traction, bad if you exepect to go fast.

Slow, Slow, Slow. Once again the disclaimer, I used thes Racing Ralph tube tires with Stans. I cannot explain the joy I felt when I replaced the Racing Ralph after 4 months (with a Mono Rail) and found that my bike was not a slug.
    Other than failing to be a fast tire it did not give any problems.

Similar Products Used: sSpecialized FastTraks- good, WTB Mutano Raptor- good, Nevegals- good, Maxis Mono Rail- good
    juehoe   Weekend Warrior [Feb 13, 2009]
    Strength:

generally good grip under most conditions

got a 1 cm long tyre cut on a forrest trail. Never had that before.

good looking and light tyre with disappointing puncture resistence. Was just expecting more from a "triple compound evo nanotech" new tyre.

Similar Products Used: Schwalbe Smart Sam seems to be much more robust
    conpoo   Weekend Warrior [Jan 15, 2009]
    Strength:

not quote sure how the review below stated they have bad rolling resistance! these are the best rolling tyres on the market and grip hasnt been compromised, look great and i have fond them not too bad in the wet as well!

price, wear quickly

really great tyre, you get what you pay for as with anyting in mtb, grips great super low rolling resistance, look awsome! just dont do too much road cycling in them, also i havnt had a flat yet.

Similar Products Used: maxxis high rollers
    Johnny Hair Boy   Cross Country Rider [Jun 11, 2008]
    Strength:

They were easily converted to tubeless

They are the slowest rolling tires I have ever used. They feel sluggish and slow. I have yet to find a surface they actually grip to.

My Furious Freds are excellent tires and grip much better than these ( that surprised me). I was expecting a fast tire and these are slow way slower than any tire I have ever used. I was impressed at how easily they sealed up when converted to tubeless but that is the only good thing I can say about these tires. They slip off roots wet and dry. wont grip rocks worth crap and slide out in loamy soil. they even feel sketchy on hard pack. I will put some Small block 8's on my bike this week and be done with these for good.

Similar Products Used: Schwalbe Furious Fred's, Lots of Kenda's, Roll x, Conti, Just about everything else.
    Primoz Jeroncic   Cross Country Rider [Jun 02, 2008]
    Strength:

grip and speed

still not great on wet, price

After about 1000km of use, it feels it has even a bit more grip on hardpack as old, pre-2008 Racing Ralph. It works a little bit better on wet, but still far from perfect. But considering type of tire, it's expected.
    Speed is on pair with old RR, and it's too early for me to say anything about wear. Only "problem" is pretty high price, but in my opinion, they are worth this price.