Schwalbe Nobby Nic Skin TL Easy Tire

Nobby Nic Skin TL Easy

Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2 Snake Skin Kevlar Tire: Great combination of speed and grip, perfect for XC racing and trail riding. Triple Nano Compound: Fast, grippy, and hard wearing. Evolution line 67 tpi casing. SnakeSkin models feature

Thor   [May 22, 2015]
Strength:

Starting on asphalt, loam.

SAND!!! Turning, rocks, sidewall protection.

My first ride on these was in mild sand. I could not make a turn. On flat turns they wash out. On banked turns they drift. I thought it would be better on more loamy dirt trails. On absolute hero dirt, these tires will not grip as well as Specialized proprietary tires or my old Panaracer Dart and Smoke. Rough rock performance is average. Smooth rock is like grease.

I thought since the front and rear are balanced in how poorly they grip, I thought I could learn to drift them. I have had several slow motion falls as the front tire looses grip in slow to kid speed turns. I have lost all confidence in what is an otherwise amazing bike (Trance 1).

Oh, when I tried to go tubeless, I found two holes in the sidewall of a brand new tire! (Under 50 miles in 3 test rides). Anyone want to buy a slightly used set of Schwalbes?

OVERALL