Rokko DH240 Tire

Rokko DH240 Tire

Rokko DH240

[Feb 09, 2002]
Steve

Strength:

Sidewalls are extremely stiff. Rides well.

Sidewalls are too stiff! Hard to get the tire off/on. But hey, I guess that's not really a weakness.

These tires are a 2.35, by the way. They fit in the back of my bike beautifully.. with the Tioga's I got tire rub on the seatstays because they're just a little over 2.4 in reality. The sidewalls are too stiff in these tires, doubtfull that I will ever pinch flat again.

Make sure you get the ceramic version sidewalls, they're stiffer than you would ever believe.

One problem: They need to come in bigger sizes. I wouldn't mind getting one of these in 2.8 for the front of my bike, but I'll have to settle with a Kujo or the likes.. maybe.

Way better than tioga's! they actually grip, unlike tioga tires.

Buy these, you won't regret it.

Tioga Fact. DH 2.10, with the weakest sidewalls ever.

[Sep 10, 2002]
æon

Strength:

Nice strong sidewalls
Doesn't weigh too much
Aggressive tread for the loose stuff
Very grippy on (dry) pavement

Hard to get on to the rim
Might not be able to corner hard on hardpack due to tall square side knobs

I needed a cheap front tire to replace my (AWFUL) Maxxis Harddrive 2.1's that came stock on my freeride fs. These fit the bill, and they're very popular here in Vancouver. So far I'm happy, I haven't had a flat although I've bottemed on the rim a few times.

It's been unusually dry here, so I can't comment on performance in the wet yet. I have noticed that these bounce around in the fast fist sized rocks more than I'd like, although so far it's the best I've seen.

There have been two times I almost washed it out, and on a front tire that is a scary thing. Once was on a very steep, very loose, very dry, very rocky downhill, where I was getting tossed all over the place. Second time happened today going down a very steep hardpack chute where you need to keep all your speed, and you have to kind of turn into it. Both times I was fine.

Overall, pretty good so far.

Motoraptors, Maxxis Harddrive, Kenda Kinetics

[Apr 12, 2004]
sean
Downhiller

Strength:

the side wall is strong, and doesn't pincha flat when not pumped up fully, good grip doesn't wear easily

not a good front tire

strong good side wall and doesn't pinch the tube

[Jul 11, 2001]
Matt Fitz
Downhiller

Strength:

Sweet tires. they are reeeeeeeeal fat. good pattern very grippy. hasnt worn one bit, after tons of ridin.

so big that small rocks get squeezed into the pattern. looks kinda funny.... but who gives

These are great tires. They're grippy and look cool too. Also a good price
2 tires for 90 cdn.

Buy them!!!

panaracer fire dh, tioga

[Jan 07, 2000]
Rogue 2

Strength:

Nice and FAT
Not too Heavy
Excellent traction
Cheaper than Tioga

The tires are good, but wet roots really kick my ass.

I'm very happy with these tires on my Full Suspension bike, they are just a little too big for my hardtail so on that I ride the Tioga/Kujo combo. But if I could I'd Rokko, because once you ride FAT you can never go back! Any rider that likes to run low pressure and do either big wheelie drops or roll-ins should give these a try. True confidence boosters.

Kujo 2.35
Tioga Factory DH 2.3

[Apr 23, 2001]
billy

These tire rock. I got the ceramic ones with the bomb proof sidewalls. I ran them hard with about 25 pounds pressure over slick rocks, jagged rocks, mud, logs and everything else I ecountered on the weekend. They performed great and held on on the nasty corners when I was riding entirely too fast for conditions and my ability. I highly recomend these tires.

panaracer smoke, maxis mofo dh,

[Nov 17, 2000]
Joe Bob the 16inch bikerider

Strength:

Nice and big, not heavy, takes edge off hard hits on my rigid fork....

none so far

This tire is great. I luv it. I went from a Panaracer Smoke 2.1 to this tire, and noticed a huge difference in weight. The Panaracer was pretty heavy, but this tire is really light for a "DH" tire. I own a rigid bike, and run this tire up front, so it takes the edge off of some hard hits. I luv it. All the better that I got it for free. 5 cayennes.

irc el gato, maxxis highroller,

[Aug 24, 2000]
Silicon Munky

Strength:

The tyre feels as great as it looks. Doesn't slide out like other weak tyre's it floats out smoothly, no more face plants.

The other's say it has thin sidewalls, but I haven't had any problems yet.

I got a great deal on them and were totally worth the money, best tyre's I've ever riden.

Tioga 2.3DH

[Jul 10, 2000]
space cowboy
Downhiller

Strength:

holy cow this tire rules the price is lower than a maxxis and it works better. 2.45 on a double wide

soft compound

buy the ceramic side walls there worth the $7 extra put this tire on your front only as it is a slider

high roller,mobster

[Jul 07, 2000]
dave
Downhiller

Strength:

-Semi-round profile
-Good weight for the size
-Excellent grip as a front tire

-No need for a Kevlar bead for DH
-Paper thin side-walls that aren't very stiff
-Not really 2.4 inches wide

This is a good tire for the money. It works very well as a front tire. It grips well on tight leans and doesn't want to break away. I have a few problems with it though. First this has a very flimsy side wall and only time will tell of how well it will hold up. This also isn't 2.4 inches wide. It's probably closer to 2.3 or 2.25 inches.
I don't have the ceramic version which might explain a little on why the side walls a so thin, but why can't Rokko add a little more rubber?
The product is exceptional and it really is a good deal, but reliability is going to be a major issue. So lets say 4 flamin' chilies for value and 3 for overall.

P.S. - To all you Canadians. I'm not a hater of Canadian products. Maybe you guys own the Ceramic versions which I guess are tougher. I'm just rating the product based on my experience. If another couple months go by and I don't have any problems then I'll give it another rating.

Hutchinson Coyote's