Ritchey SpeedMax Delta Comp Tire

SpeedMax Delta Comp

A city oriented, fast-rolling tread design evolved from InnoVader tread design.

Mr Wheeler   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2011]
Strength:

Low thread wear but with soft rubber, low rolling resistance, good traction in dry, very good cornering on asphalt even hardpack

build quality...mass unevenly distributed, sidewalls started to tear only from the pressure which was by the book, noisy on asphalt (looks like it's gonna be quiet but it is not)

Value for the money is ok but I wos disapointed with the quality. I kow they are cheap but they should be some mimimal demands. They put my wheels out of balance and I tried everything to compensate, without success. (I know how to mount a tire!!) You can see whole bike shaking when you fip it upside down and spin the wheel.
I bought 2 sets and they were bouth the same!
Thread is good compromise for a 50% city, 50% lighter trails and I would consider buying them again only because most other "good" tires cost as much as car tires which is big absurd. I belive that it is done on purpose just to make us belive that we have to pay much more if we want to have normal, decent product.

Similar Products Used: Schwalbe Furious Fred, Kenda Flame...
OVERALL