Performance Forte City ST Tire

• Size(s): 26 x1.5
  • Smooth, narrow pavement tire

[May 04, 2009]
GTscoob

Strength:

Cheap, low rolling resistance

Hard to install/uninstall, easily punctured

These tires are almost impossible to install and uninstall, even on narrower 20mm rims. I ran them for 3 months without a flat but after changing out 3 tubes in a week I had bent 6 tire levers uninstalling them so I bought some knobby folding bead WTBs since its summer and time to hit the mountains. The rubber covering the metal bead is even exposed in a few spots from the force of levering the bead over the rim.

Right now i'm looking for a folding bead slick to replace these for city riding since I've paid more for tire levers than I paid for these tires. They worked great and rolled very quickly, even at 45-50psi but are getting trashed now.

n/a only slick i've ever run on my mtb

[Sep 24, 2008]
dimaiord

Strength:

Cheap, much faster rolling than a knobby tire. Perfect for Campus cruising and daily commutes if you want a hybrid and all you have is an extra mtn bike these make a world of difference.

I don't trust them cornering at speed, especially in wet conditions. I have yet to try it though so who knows. These are by no means for the trail, but why would they be? it says city in the title!

If you're trying to make turn a mtn bike into a commuting machine, grab a pair of these and throw a rack on your bike. They've got enough volume to absorb shock, and you can run em up to 60PSI for a comfortable smooth rolling cruise. No flats yet and I ride in the city(over glass, needles and whatnot).

First of this breed.

[Aug 16, 2006]
Pat

Strength:

Comfortable ride
Inexpensive

Not light
hard to get on / off rim
(Kevlar bead might help with both?)

A decent tire. I'd like to find a kevlar beaded urban tire, with higher max psi. Forte City max's at 65 psi, a common max for a 1.5" wide city tire, but I'd like to see 90 psi for less rolling resistance.

Overall this Forte tire suits its purpose, especially for the price.

Kenda Kwick Roller

[Jan 02, 2008]
Richard

Strength:

price
no problems with flats
handles curbs well
1.5 is a practical size

difficult to get on/off rim
noisy (rubbery squeaky) during lots-of-lean turns

Not BAD tires, though not GREAT tires. I wasn't sure if I was going to get back into riding so I went cheap and got these. I'm probably going to switch to Geax Street Runners or Roadsters this year though.

had some Continentals on the bike YEARS ago