Panaracer Uff'da! Tire

Panaracer Uff'da! Tire

Uff'da (urban/jumping tire)
UFF'DA is the perfect tire for an urban off the wall jumping and trick tire. It is rugged to withstand any punishment that you can hand it. It's tread pattern is well suited to the urban environment.

CONDITIONAL USAGE: urban, dry, wet

TIRE SIZE: 26 x 2.30
BEAD: steel
ETRTO: 58-559
TPI: 27
WEIGHT: 1,000g

[Sep 19, 2008]
L4m3r

Strength:

Inexpensive, fast, smooth. Low rolling resistance. Nice tread design. Good grip on concrete/asphalt. Tread tapers until about 5mm away from the bead, making the sidewall a bit more rigid and durable.

Cheap construction. The seam down the center doesn't line up properly, causing the tread to wear unevenly at first.

At 980g a tire, the weight weenies would probably not approve, but I don't think they'd run such a fat tire anyway.

I bought these mostly because of the size. These tires replaced some 2.35" Kenda Nevegals which barely fit in my frame. I was afraid a 2.4" tire (Maxxis Holy Roller, for instance) would not clear the frame, so I opted for these at 2.3".

I ride mostly on pavement, so I figured a road tire would improve the handling of my bike over the knobby downhill tires it came with. I had no idea it would make such a huge difference! At 60 PSI, handling is amazing; acceleration is effortless. If you ride your mountain bike around the city, this is a nice tire that doesn't cost too much.

They also handle OK on grass or dirt. Expect some slipping going uphill on mud or loose sand/dirt, though. I have not yet tested these tires on wet pavement.

My only flat so far was caused by a stray thorn. Use a tire liner if you're likely to encounter a lot of puncture hazards.

Overall, this is a great urban tire for the price.

Generic Bontrager tires

OVERALL
[Sep 09, 2008]
bigoledog

Strength:

Big,smooth,fast rolling. large rolling diam. just as tall as a 700x25. can roll over anything have not had a flat on them yet

Very heavy and I can not fit my fenders over them
hard to get rim brakes around them without lettin the air out
May not fit on some bikes

I love this tire in the summer and a fast rolling road cant beat them get a little loose off that though
MY tandom is aswome with thes tires on it smooth and fast don,t feel the weight on that bike and it does go off road more that a dirt road anyway.
Not bad on my solo bike but i like a little lighter more knobby tire and my fenders on it anyway.
U can campre this tire to the schwale big apple for half the price.

some 26x2 no name slicks and a 2.25 Geax Sturdys but those arn't any thing like this

OVERALL