Panaracer Fire XC Pro Tire

Panaracer Fire XC Pro Tire

Before requesting a pricematch onThis item, check ifThe competition is sellingTheTrue, made in JapanTop-quality 127TPI Fire XC Pro. Watch out for inferior, 66TPITaiwan versions ofThisTire which are much heavier. The Panaracer Fire XC Pro isThe recipient of Bicycling Magazines 2004 "Editors Choice" award for "Best all-mountainTire". Give em aTry and find out whyThey areThe choice ofThousands of riders. Lightweight all conditionTire with a splash of color (all color styles have red bead). Japan.

[Mar 30, 2016]
AOtero
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Long tread life
Fast rolling
Decent on all kinds of terrain (though roots can slide ya)

Get full of mud easily

This is the third type of tire I've run on my GF Pirahna hardtail. Bontranger stock (garbage) Panaracer Dart/Smoke combo, then these. I have to say that I initially enjoyed the faster speed and decent and predictable cornering the Fire XC Pros provided. Can you find a better tire? Sure. Have I? No. And for under $30(US)!

[Oct 23, 2014]
bgfthntr

Strength:

soft soil, cornering, long wear, mud ok, sand...its just a great all around tire

color side walls and old and panaracer should make a higher volume or 2.35 version

I've been using these on and off for years and they never have failed me. The only place where it has difficulty is REALLY wet and slimy rooted sections, but most tires struggle here as well.

[Feb 02, 2014]
jack

Strength:

none.

Side walls will fail. The product seems to have a design flaw that causes the sidewalls to tear.

Not worth the money!! Any other tire is better. This is the worst tire that I have had in the many years that I have been mountain biking.

[Apr 19, 2013]
Abel

Strength:

climbing grip, weight

sidewalls

I put this tire on my stumpjumper back in 2009. Always impressed with the grip, even when I stand up on the pedals. Wet or dry, I have been very happy with this tire. Last week I hit a root and busted the side wall. I figure 3 years is a good run, I'll be getting another set.

[Apr 10, 2013]
SPANNER

Strength:

Great Grip inspires confidence on all surfaces. Love this tire.

I had Kenda Nevegals on my bike as standard which I was happy with. They wore out and I replaced them with these after reading many reviews. I am glad I did. I like to run my tyres with a higher pressure than many seem to. These are really grippy. I have used them on all types of surface and they have performed exceptionally well. I have a lot of confidence in these tyres and am pleased with how they have allowed me to build my skill level. I would recommend them.

[Apr 10, 2013]
Barky

Strength:

??????????great traction that I was looking for and excellent handling at a good price

None for me love these tire's

You want to rip up the trails and stay on you bike you can't go wrong with these

[Sep 12, 2012]
hazim hayazi

Strength:

price,nice grip,price,long lasting and cornering

slow on pavement and noise

honestly,this tyre had a nice cornering.before i use this tyre,i try to corner on dirt.Suddenly,i fell down..and no safety guard.After i use this panaracer 2.1,i can easily cornering on the dirt.thanks for this tyre.

[Jul 27, 2012]
Riding12Years

Strength:

Good for getting you killed.

Side of the tire blew out within 2 months of riding. Beware there may be a defective batch of these tires being sold and could cause you serious injury. My previous tire was a WTB Velociraptor. Sometimes on a tight turn I will give the rear tire an extra tinge to cause a little sliding to straighten my path. The Velociraptor rear would slide in a predictable manner, however the Panaracer tends to slide out from underneath you causing you overshoot the sliding effect and lose time. I'm still going with Velociraptor in the front, so I can't tell you how they grip in front. With my friends recent blowout, however, I plan on returning what I have and getting something safer.

Bad batch of defective tires.

[May 20, 2012]
Weston Merkley

Strength:

Great traction climbing and cornering. Price. Rolls fairly well for an aggressive tread.

Have had this tire on the back of two of my bikes and am always amazed that a cheap tire like this hooks up so well. I ride on the dry, gravel on hardpack kind of trails and have had great luck with this tire. Ran it tubeless and with tubes. I would definitely reccomend this tire.

[May 18, 2012]
OmaHaq

Strength:

Light, good grip, flexible case.

Aging design, hard to find the 26x1.8 size, colors are a little over done.

I have been running the 26x1.8 size on one of my bikes for a long time. It has been a really good recreational tire. Moderate XC is not a problem for these and they are perfectly fine for commuting as well. The tread design is getting quite old, but it seems to still be comparible to new designs. I have had a hard time finding the 1.8 size.

I am not a fan of colored sidewalls anymore.