Nokian Gazzaloddi Core 2.3 Tire

• Bead: K
  • Tread/side: Blk/blk
  • Psi: 36-65

Mike   [Aug 26, 2005]
Strength:

Grip, grip, grip.

None.

Anyone who does any type of heavy duty trail riding in wet conditions needs this tire. These are my wet conditions tire. Good tire for loose, damp, non-buffed trails as well. I use them on my Bullit with it's lighter wheelset for trail riding and light free ride. I've never seen a tire with so much grip. Climbing is unreal. Wet, off camber trails with slick roots are virtaully a non-issue. This tire has allowed me to absolutely crush less prepared, albeit better riders, in adverse conditions.

The tire is heavier than advertised and is not the fastest roller. However it has that sweet, soft feel to it that you get from an official DH specific tire.

I'd get another set in a second.

Similar Products Used: Too many
SurfTheEarth   Cross Country Rider [Jul 22, 2005]
Strength:

Sticky. Hooks up well on loose conditions. Tracks well on roots & rocks. Durable. Knobs still look good after 13 months of weekly riding. No flats!

For what the tire was designed for; None.

Not cheap but very durable. Looks like it may last another year. Great all conditions all-mountain tire. Excels at technical climbs and hairy descents.

Similar Products Used: Panaracer XC, IRC Mythos.
John   Cross Country Rider [Jan 11, 2006]
Strength:

Excellent traction on Pisgah-like terrain. This is the best front tire I've found for the area, it has a smooth feel to it, and corners well. Soft compound helps grip to rock.

Worth every penny to keep my front tire glued to the trail.

Similar Products Used: WTB Weirwolf 2.5 (my 2nd choice, doesn't shed mud as well), Tioga Factory DH 2.3 (too hard), Nokian NBX 2.3 (good when it's dry) IRC Mythos 2.1 (too small)