Michelin XC Road Tire

XC Road

• 33 TPI casing
  • Alternate version

cbabir   Weekend Warrior [Mar 27, 2009]
Strength:

Fast, Light, Good Grip

None yet!

Very fast rolling tires that require much less effort and seem to coast forever. Surprisingly, they perform pretty well off of the pavement as well. I tried riding on the grass/sand next to the paved trail, and had no problem at all. I have not had a single flat yet with these tires, but I am very careful where I ride, or I'm just lucky!

Similar Products Used: N/A
Mike Eder   Weekend Warrior [Aug 25, 2007]
Strength:

Light and smooth rolling

Flats too easily

I use the ole' HT for commuting to my train station. The ride is mostly road, so I opted for slicks. I like the minimum rolling resistance, but I have flatted twice in a week with them, without even knowing what I ran over. I try to be careful not to ride over broken glass, etc. The first time, I was going downhill pretty fast and had to make a turn. I didn't realize at first that the tire wad already lost a lot of air, so as soon as I leaned the bike, the front washed out and made hamburger meat out of my shin. I guess I'll put in a little more time on them. (just bought 4 tubes). If the flats keep happening, I'm going back to Specialized Nimbus, even thought they weigh quite a bit more. (Due to the built in flat protection).