Michelin Wild Grip R2 Advanced Tire

Michelin Wild Grip R2 Advanced Tire

[Jul 02, 2018]
Soundguy08

Strength:

I gave the tyres a 2 star rating because as the name implies, they provide a crazy amount of grip over any surface. I never felt so much confidence on a bike as I did when riding with these tires. I would only consider buying a Wild Grip'R2 if they had a version with re-enforced sidewall.

Bought a 29x2.25 for front and 29x2.10 rear. The rear had one small sidewall tear and on large sidewall tear that was not repairable within 13 miles of first ride. I am a semi-aggressive rider and the trail was technical with lots of flint rocks. I do not know if it was just one defective tyre, a poor design, bad luck, or if the 2.10 is not as strong as the 2.25. Was riding the Back 40 in Bella Vista AR. Known as a tire slicer.

Purchased:
New
OVERALL
[Sep 27, 2014]
Al Bundy

Strength:

Tons of grip while cornering, climbing, and braking. Great bead tension for tubeless applications. Not super heavy. Really shines on medium-soft/ damp trails.

A tad pricey for the casual rider. Not the fastest tire on hard-packed XC trails.

After riding my Grip'R Advanced's (in 29x2.25) for about 2 months I decided to run them tubeless, and WOW. These tires REALLY deserve to be set up tubeless. I felt much more stability while cornering than other tubeless tires I've tried. I've been riding them for an additional 3 months now and instead of getting that soft sidewall feel; that uncertainty, they feel much more consistent and predicable than most other tires, even as low as 23psi. I'm cornering harder, braking later, having more fun and feeling much more confident. In short: these tires are rad.