Michelin Wild Grip'R 2 Tire

Michelin Wild Grip'R 2 Tire

Get big air volume and tubeless compatibility in a folding tire that wont break the gram scale. The Michelin Wild Grip'r is a fast rolling tire that does not sacrafice grip. Multipurpose tread pattern for varying terrain ...

[Sep 04, 2015]
gusthedog2009
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Air tight seal on P35 rims with no sealant overnight. Used Orange seal the next day for a little insurance.
Good high speed cornering at 23-25 psi.
No radial runout - this tire is round!

Bead is tight to get on, but it will stay put! No burping

Great all mountain/cross country tire for Virginia mountains (rocks, roots, wet). These are 650B (27.5)
I'm comparing these to Neo Motos - they're a little fatter (spec. 2.25, measure 2.35)
They corner better. I'm running tubeless on P35 rims with Velo Tape and Orange seal. They don't leak at all!!

Neo Moto
Ritchey WCS

[Dec 04, 2014]
kavika

Strength:

NONE!

Expensive when compared to others
VERY flexi

Bought these as my new HD tyre had a bulge from new, which caused it to rub the chainstays. Bought this after LBS recommended it, but what a mistake! Need to run 35-40psi to eliminate sidewall flex, but even then, the lug flex is just unbearable. Although it hasn't (yet) it feels as though the tyre will burp if push hard through corners. By far the worst tyre I have used.

[Sep 01, 2014]
Top Fuel

Strength:

Nothing

Grip on wet rocks

Horrible tire, the worst I've ever used. In the mud the rear tire has little traction, the front tire is little better but the worst situation is on wet rocks, it's like going on the soap, is difficult to go straight, and the risk of falling is very high. 60 € wasted. No more Michelin tires.
Excuse me for my poor english. :)

[Jan 14, 2014]
Rean Evangelista
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Weight

Side knobs and others

The worst tire I have ever used. When I bought I was really excited about their weight. However, the becam a nightmare. Used tubeless and had them ripped because of their thin wall. After that I have used it with tubes and have also tons of flats.

[Nov 26, 2013]
Hugh

Strength:

Price , weight , tubeless ready, ease of set up tubeless, grip

Side knobs

Bought these from CRC on sale at £20 as I needed some winter tyres. I set them up tubeless on standard rims, they went up first time no air loss or issues at all in set up, very surprising. Out on my local trails which are loamy woods or muddy/sandy tracks they have performed superbly. Grip is great generally , the only weakness there was a front wheel drift in a tight corner but it hooked up again quickly. The tyres roll really well for such an aggressive tread pattern , the side knobs are a little bit too flexy in my opinion but not game changingly so. Overall I think it will be a good all round tyre for general xc duties in winter/autumn . Using on a 29er 2.25 front 2.1 rear.

[Jul 29, 2013]
Michael

Strength:

Very light
Tubeless ready, did hold air

Side knobbies are very tall, too tall, they flex a lot when turning
Side knobs make horrible flex noise when going off camber on stone
Tire drifts about 3" then grabs when leaning hard, a bit scary

I purchase due to new technology of rubber and design, also super light front tire.
But after 1 ride I had to take it off.
On my ussual trail, the front tire drifted almost 3" then grabbed in low fast turns.
Also the tall side knobbies flex alot and make a lot of noise when off camber on rocky section.
Firt time the side knobs made noise due to flexing over a off camber rocking section and slide as i was turning I thought I had a blow out and all my friends behind me heard the weird flex noise and thought I was going down.

So due to safety, I removed and put on my trusty Navagel which is much heavier but only drifts 3/4" of an inch in the same trail turns and does not make flex knobby noises. So I have more confidence when riding at such high speed turns low angle turns.

I gave up lightness to get my grip and confidence in turning back.
The sidewall on this tire are soo thin that I knew my back tire was going to have an issue at some point. That in anohter review of the Wild Racer Advance.

Navagal 2.35