Michelin Mountain AT Tire

Mountain AT

• Versatile pattern
  • Reinforced technology : ideal balance between weight and shock absorption

Excellent traction and cornering grip in 2.35 size.
    Impressive Robustness and shock absoption thanks high density casing and Michelin reinforced technology.
    Available with Dual Compound technology in 2.20 size.

• User Reviews (8)

dgw2jr   Cross Country Rider [Oct 01, 2011]
    Strength:

High volume, good over roots and mud or sand

Horrible rolling resistance, a lot of energy required to keep these tires rolling

These tires are good in loose loamy soil where the track is too tight and twisty to go very fast. If you have to do any extended climbing or even flats then forget about it. You'll expend all your energy in no time. Rolling resistance is so bad you can't maintain enough momentum to conquer simple obstacles like small log piles or long rooty sections. Avoid these if you can.

Similar Products Used: Intense System 4
    Daemongrad   Weekend Warrior [May 31, 2010]
    Strength:

Dual Compound adds extra strength on the tread, nice for single track, good uphill grip, good breaking grip.

SIDEWALL BLOWOUTS, Death as a front tire,(front end slips out on hard corners)

I would not buy this or the Country AT again. The trails I have taken them down are intermediate, and in less than a week I have had two sidewall blowouts... one from a 3 foot drop @ 45 pounds of pressure, and the other from hard cornering @ 38 pounds of pressure... I am VERY disappointed in Michelin and am going to contact the company after work.

Similar Products Used: None.
    sherpa2000   Racer [Mar 27, 2010]
    Strength:

mud, forward grip and braking

cornering, roots, rocks, leaves, rolling resistance.

2.0 on a Giant Trance X0
    Just call it a mud tire. Its just not good over roots or rocks and rolling resistance is not good either. Grippy up hill. The michelin dry2 is a better tire overall. I want to try them in another area I ride, before I take them off.

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Michelin dry2 2.0, 2.1, 2.3
    booleong   Weekend Warrior [Jan 09, 2010]
    Strength:

Works on hard dry surface, cement, tar..

It's suicide as the front tyre.
    Terrible traction on loose terrain, wet condition
    It will lose traction so easily, I wonder if it's a off-road tyre

If you wanna "drift" then put it on back tyre
    For me, it's money down the drain
    Use it as slick tyre..ha

Similar Products Used: Maxxis High Roller, WTB Velociraptor
    Quentin   Cross Country Rider [Sep 07, 2008]
    Strength:

They were on the bike and I didnt waste my money on them. Light, reasonable grip in soft conditions and rolls OK at higher pressures.

No traction in loose condition, going up hill or coming down!! Forget leaning over for a corner.
    Too many pinch flats to remember so pumped up to higher psi and now even less traction.

They try to be too much with out achieving anything well, not good for loose soil, mud, sand or rock. If you only ride soft dry soil trails then you could buy these but would be better off with anything else

Similar Products Used: Hutchison Barracuda 1.95 and WTB Weirwolf 2.1 (going back to these)
    lostlighting   Cross Country Rider [Aug 14, 2008]
    Strength:

Low minimum pressure, 29PSI. Good wear, Grips well.

None that I have noticed.

This is a great tire, it climbs very well. I rarely spin out. I run between 25-29 PSI and I have never had a pinch flat. My current tire is going on a year of rough desert riding and is almost ready to be replaced, but is still going strong. My new one is on standby.

Similar Products Used: I've been using this tire so long I forgot what else i have used.
    Vinny13   Weekend Warrior [Apr 16, 2008]
    Strength:

I use it only as a rear tire (Michelin DH comp 16 front). Outstanding strength on the very rocky terrain I ride on: not a single pinch flat.Impressive for an around 850 gr tire.The best strenght to weight ratio available. Good traction grip uphill, good feeling and predictability overall.

None for my intended use. Perhaps side grip but it's predictable for a rear tire and here I like some give and slide. Can't pronounce about durability yet

I hate switching to tires or parts for differents uses: I have ONE bike for all types of ride (Trail, DH/freeride, Epic). While front tire weight is not a problem, the weight of the rear wheel is so important if you want to climb easily (the 900 grams seems to be the upper limit for me). The compromise is always the same: less weight but more pinch flats (unless you get to 3 bar of pressure, but doing so lends to much less riding pleasure, traction and predictability). The michelin give me the dreamed equation: moderate weight (sub 900 grams) and outstanding resistance to pinch flatting, equal if not better to largely heavier DH tires.

Similar Products Used: Intense System 4 (2.25),Intense Edge Fro (2,35: the worst: very heavy and very prone to pinch flatting), WTB Weirwolf (2.35), Michelin Mountain Xtrem (2.5)
    B F   Weekend Warrior [Mar 30, 2008]
    Strength:

Staight line grip, no flats, durable, sheds mud well, brakes well.

Doesn't not work at all as a front tire in loose/dry condition . Side knobs are too spaced out and have a weird shape The front washed out and I crashed twice really bad. A DANGEROUS front tire in loose/dry

A horrible front tire for dry/loose conditions downright dangerous, but a decent rear tire in medium conditions