Maxxis Rendez XC Tire

Maxxis Rendez XC Tyre. Tyres - MTB 26

Fernando L. Loredo   [Sep 20, 2012]
Strength:

Durability, price, light weight and excellent control.

Not very a good rear tire on wet terrain.

I replace my Kelly death grip because they were old and I did not find an other pair any more so I got these ones for my old GT Avalanche, I felt my bike as a turbo charged car and it corners very good the only problem is on wet terrain the rear tire is a little too nervous at 25-30 mph I solve the problem using an Ignitor on the rear, if you are not going to ride over 25 mph they are perfect for XC on both front and rear, I feel very confident using them first time I used it was on both rims in a 100 miles route with different tipes of terrain from gravel to tacky mud to slant rocks and they worked very good. They are not race tires but will give you miles of fun.

Similar Products Used: Hutchinson iguana, Kelly Death Grip
OVERALL
Matt   Cross Country Rider [Jan 18, 2012]
Strength:

Good cornering, i couldn't believe the cornering traction when i replaced my stock tires with these. The Rendez lets you lean into corners when used upfront (don't bother as a rear tire). Braking is very secure as long as it is not midway through a fast corner. Above all the tire is fast and lightweight and works in a variety of terrain, especially impressive in the wet. Durability is not an issue after 1000km with minimal wear and no tears.

And i don't think i ever got a puncture when running 20-25 psi.

This is a front only tire, with very directional tread, don't expect anything on the rear
No other weaknesses i can think of provided you don't expect it to be a DH tire.

The Maxxis Rendez is a great balance between speed and traction. It really is a very versatile tire, i use it all year round whether wet, dry, smooth or rough. A very underrated tire, i would run these over Crossmarks any day.