Maxxis Ardent EXO Tire

Maxxis Ardent EXO Tire

Get after it with Maxxis' Ardent holding the line. This versatile tire features large block-style side knobs with numerous edges for high-speed...

[Dec 24, 2015]
Maldo
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Traction, low rolling resistance, cornering

none yet

I have this tire in the front on my 26 hardtail and just put it on the front of my full suspension Santa Cruz SL (27.5, 2.25 EXO). I have tubeless setup on my SC. Better tire than the Ikon cornering on loose or wet ground

[Sep 08, 2013]
Viperoni

Strength:

Rolling resistance, dry and hardpack cornering, braking

Washes out easily on gravel and rocky surfaces, but at least it's very predictable and linear so it's easy to control.

Ardent 26x2.4 EXO, used as a front tire only, so far.

Overall good front tire, but not outstanding. Low rolling resistance, good braking, dry and hardpack cornering is great, decent in muddier conditions, but once the trail turns to gravel or you're on a dirt road, the tire wanders and slides easily - but luckily its very linear and easy to predict and control.
Overall, it's a good tire.

[Apr 14, 2013]
MSU Alum
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

(Ardent EXO 26x2.4) amazingly low rolling resistance, good grip. It appears they will wear well, but too early to tell. Sidewalls seem solid in the Exo version and they require very little Stans to run tubeless.

820 grams per tire. I'm a weight weenie normally, and these did not slow me down after adding a pound to my bike weight.

I'm 60, 5'9", 165 pounds. Live in Park City Utah. Early season, so about 15 miles of riding in Salt Lake City - Bonneville Shoreline Trail and a trip to Moab where I rode these (Ardent EXO 26 x 2.4, front and back) tubeless, 23 psi front, 26 psi rear. I rode Slickrock, Amasa Back - Ahab Upper and Lower, LPS/Porcupine Klonzo and Baby Steps/Megasteps...about 70 miles down there. The rolling resistance feels very low, especially for the size/weight. There was almost no noise from the center knobs rolling, they are good sized volume, around 57-58 mm carcass width and 62 mm tread width, so they grip and absorb shock (I have them on a Pivot 5.7c). Anything will grip in Moab, of course, but they were also able to grip nicely off camber on slickrock with no sensation of the knobs folding under. They float through the sand better than any other tire I've used. No burping/loss of air the whole trip. I normally run a Nobby Nick Trailstar 2.4 up front and a racing ralph 2.25 pacestar on back, tubeless and expected the bike to feel sluggish, but I was making all the climbs as though I had 500 gram tires on the bike. Very nice!

These are a bit of a different setup for me, but I've used Weirwolf LT 2.55, Tioga Psycho genius, X-Kings, Mountain kings, Nevegals, various Racing Ralph and Nobby Nick models. These are like a knobbier Weirwolf LT 2.55, I suppose and about the same size.

[Nov 30, 2012]
nawreally
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

grip, run tubeless like a champ.

none yet.

bought these for, like, 45 per off amazon or ebay or something. run 2.25s on flows on a 5 inch bike, set up tubeless (piece of cake, hold air like crazy). it's been dry here constantly since. these things just won't let go- on leaves, in soft dirt, rocks. the 2.25s ride big on wide rims. i've made it threw more than a few spots i was sure i was gone. i'm not usually one to go writing testimonials, but these have earned it.

rampage, nevs, weirwolf.

[May 25, 2012]
Ami

Strength:

This tire is a versatile tire, does it all. Excellent cornering, excellent rolling and excellent traction.

None so far

I have used it twice only bot love these tires (back & front 2.4 on my new Ibis mojo hd)