Kenda Slant Six DTC-Stick-E Tire

Slant Six DTC-Stick-E

For years, Kenda’s most popularTires have beenThe Small Block 8 and Nevegal. Finally,They have created aTireThat embodiesThe spirit of bothThe Nevegal andThe Small Block. Excellent for intermediateTo hard- packedTerrain, you’ll speedThroughThe course, without worrying about slipping.This version ofThe Slant Six embodies Kenda’s Stick- E compound. Kenda’s Stick- E compound is a slow rebound rubber (50 shore A durometer) for excellent grip andTraction control;TheTrade

Joost   Cross Country Rider [Mar 21, 2015]
Strength:

Don't wait fast, never had a puncture! Strong tire. Good grip in dry / hardpack conditions

Could carve a little bit better.

Perfectly happy with these tires. Have been using them every weekend for the past year. No signs of wair and never a single puncture. Very happy with the tire. Edge grip could be a bit better, but no real complaints. I've changed my other bike to Rocket Ron's and on the same terrain I had 4 puncture in 4 weeks. So in my opinion these Kenda's are much more value for money! My bike is 650b Scott Aspect 710. Got the tires with the bike.

Similar Products Used: Rocket Ron's from Schwalbe
madaca   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2013]
Strength:

Great cornering and great traction for uphill climbing.

Maybe a little rolling resistance but not bad.

I have a fuji 1.9 Nevada 29er that I have converted to singlespeed. I upgraded the wheels to Mavic Crossrides a couple weeks ago and yesterday I mounted some Kenda slant six tires. I kept debating on getting the Kenda navegals or the schwalbe nobby nics. I went to performance bicycle and talked to one of the guys there and he recommended the slant six for what I wanted. Better cornering was the main thing I needed and a little more grip for the hills. I had the stock tires that came with the bike. Couldn't go too fast in hard pack with loose dirt on top. Would keep trying to slide out from under me. I would also get some spin out while going up hill. I managed but I knew I was wasting energy.

I set up these new slant 6's the ghetto tubeless way with Stan's brew. Fairly easy. Took a few minutes to seal up good but otherwise straight forward set up. My fiancé and I headed out to the trails today and I gave it a test run. The trail I rode has hard pack, loose over hardback, technical, rocks gardens, uphill and downhill, lots of switchbacks, etc. a good trail to test it out on. I started out on the hardpack with loose dirt on top. I started out slow and worked my speed up. I could immediately feel the difference. I kept wanting to break before the turn so I wouldn't slide so bad but these tires did what I needed. Cornering was excellent and I could ride faster. I kept trying to cut the turns faster and sharper. The tires just hooked up nicely. Very few times did the tires slide and if they did, they hooked up quick and pulled me out. Only happened once or twice. I ran the tires at about 30psi each. Seemed to work good. May try a little more psi next time but not much. I felt like they had a little more rolling resistance but could be because I ran them with lower psi than my other tires. I then purposely headed to some rocky uphill section and I couldn't believe how much easier it was. Didn't slip at all. I couldn't believe it. Downhill was good and downhill turns as well. It just felt great. I then headed to a steep hill that was hard packed dirt. The kind of hill that you can barely walk up because you just end up sliding back down. I couldn't believe I made it up the hill. I never made it up before because it was so slippery from the dirt. Now I'm feeling good and Ive picked up the pace and headed to some loose rock section with lots of turns and up and down switchbacks. Wow, amazing!! I felt like superman flying down the trail then I come to this small downhill with a sharp right turn and a short burst up hill to follow. In the turn is a lot of loose gravel and I take it fast and hard. BAM!! I finally go down sliding in the turn but it was different. I could tell the tires grabbed as much as they could but there was no way I would of made it at that speed with that much loose rock in the turn. I just forgot careful i needed to be in that particular turn. It wasn't a horrible wreck. Both tires slid and I was still clipped into the bike. I got up dusted myself off and blasted away down the trail with a smile on my face. I was worried about getting these tires because they don't have very large knobs on them but man they do the job. The outside knobs are Slightly bigger than the center ones. I'm definitely sold on these tires. I got them on sale for about $45 each. I've seen them at other places for $60 each. My first time ever purchasing a decent set of tires. I had no idea it made such a big difference. Hope this helps someone that might be wondering about this tires set.

Steve tupling   [Jun 29, 2013]
Strength:

Cornering wet to dry road to trails

Outstanding

324 MTBiker   All Mountain Rider [Jun 13, 2013]
Strength:

Relatively light, fast, and has great traction.

Off camber grip.

I'm transitioning from serious recreational riding to beginner racing and switched out my Nevegals for the Slant 6s. I ride semi-technical trails in Virginia on a hard tail with 26" wheels.

The trail condition was mostly wet and muddy on my first ride on the tires and I found them to have excellent grip in thick mud and on the slick hard pack trails. They rolled quick on the dry sections and cornered well. The climbing traction was almost as good as the Nevegals, even over roots and rocks. Braking action was good. The only area weakness I found was that they tended to drift down on off-camber portions of the trail or into deep ruts, where the Nevegal wouldn't have. I don't have that many miles on the tires so far, and can't comment on durability.

I switched to reduce weight and have a faster rolling tire, while not wanting to sacrifice too much of the grip I'd grown accustomed to. I was very pleasantly surprised by how these tires perform in all conditions. I would definitely recommend.

vack   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2013]
Strength:

They rolled fast!?!???

They did not work as a Tubeless set up on my Wheels (Might be a Wheels issue), Grip was less then stellar here in W.PA.

Well my Ignitor got a good hole in it, so while that was down being patched....I had this Brand Spankin New Kenda Slant Six, hanging out. So I figured What the Hell, let's try it. Now I have Giant PX-2 Wheels so this whole issue might be the wheel, but my Ignitor and my Ardent seem to work tubeless with out issue....this tire however....nope. I fought with this thing for about an hour. Gave in and let the LBS set it up. They did and it was holding air....that is until I actually rode it. about 2 miles in, the first Burp happened, and then another and another and so forth. It was leaking stans at the bead so bad my legs were getting wet at one point /boggle. But anyway again, might be these Giant wheels, which I'm not thrilled with anyway. But that's not why I really gave it a low mark. So one time after it burped too much air to let go, I stopped to put more air in it. As I did this, I noticed something pretty startling. This thing had probably 40 or so pin holes of stans spurting out of it, in the area of the tread, all around the tire. Yeah, really disappointed. I rode Nevgals for a couple years with no issues, I was looking forward to seeing how these would do. Needless to say it's back on the shelf.

Similar Products Used: Nevgals, IRD Fire XC Pro, Ardents, Small Block 8's, Ignitor
jonny boy   Cross Country Rider [May 21, 2012]
Strength:

Works well when there is tread.
Tubeless setup was simple.
Relatively lightweight.

Wears QUICK

First tire I setup tubeless on my Stan's wheelset. It worked well, and I could run lower pressures no problem.

After one long weekend in Moab, the center treads are almost completely worthless. The treads are not deep to start, and now there is nothing left. I got probably 2 dozen rides out of this tire and am now looking for a replacement.

Similar Products Used: WTB - I have had great luck with their tires over the years.
Conti - Only once, wore too fast for my taste (this was years ago so things may have changed).
Guerdonian   [May 02, 2012]
Strength:

Grippy, no "dead spot", Fast

None yet

This is the best do all tire I have ridden yet. The grip is outstanding, and when leaning the bike over in fast turns there is no "dead spot" of loss or traction. It is consistent and predictable throughout the lean. The tire also rolls quickly on hard back, and maintains decent grip in loose and dusty conditions. It also has enough air volume to take up some of the hit in rockier country. Excellent tire, would highly recommend it.

Similar Products Used: Nevigal, Small block 8, Nanoraptor, weirwolf, blue groove, Spec. Enduro, Captain, Butcher
stygz1   Weekend Warrior [Mar 31, 2012]
Strength:

Fast rolling, Holds a corner well. Predictable handling. Climbs well. I went tubeless when I bought this tire. Tire seems to keep very good momentum with my set up. Very please and would buy again.

None so far

This is not a mud tire and does not imply it is. Rolls fast and does not appear it will pack up with mud. The 2.1 seems to be true to size. It has a very rounded profile when mounted. Grips most every thing here without issue. Still experimenting with tire pressure. So far I am running about 25psi front and rear. Some people really like the Navegal in the front with the slant six in the back, I can see that also working very well if you have more loose over hardpack. I would buy again.