Kenda Kwick Tire

Kenda Kwick Tire

The minimally-treaded Kwick features an aggressive semi-slick design. Perfect for cross bikes, MTBs ridden on gravel roads but notTrails, etc. 60TPI Folding bead 325g (700cType) 445 grams (26"Type) Recommend pressure 26x1.7 - 40-65psi 700x30c - 60-85psi

[Oct 29, 2014]
kris

Strength:

Durable, roll right, as tread wears off, turns into quite a decent road tire.

not the best in the sloppiest conditions

Came stock on my Motobecane Fantom Cross. I put over 2000 miles on the one that started in the rear (now in front). Only had 3 flats between the two of them over that period. GREAT tire.

[Mar 23, 2014]
NS

Strength:

fast, lasted me a long time

slippy, prone to punctures, real touchy about pressure

I've had these on my bike for like 7 years. I just now finally replaced them. No, I don't ride thousands of miles a year, but I ride regularly in summer. Mostly commuting, some trails and a few times on gnarly Montana singletrack. Obviously, these tires are not designed for intense all mountain riding, but they got me through some tough rides that were at the edge of my (non-pro) abilities. They slip out on loose material and they don't climb the best. They're fairly thin and easy to puncture but the sidewalls held up well and are finally showing weather wear. They roll forever on hard pack or pavement. I really enjoyed that part. For commuting they're nice and fast, but there are probably more durable tires that are just as good for that. People that were complaining a lot about these were either using them where they shouldn't or had them set up with the wrong pressure. I've never had any other tires last this long on any of my bikes.

[Oct 01, 2011]
dgw2jr

Strength:

rolls forever, hooks up in corners, good shock absorption for a 1.95

none yet

These tires don't look like much and they are cheap. They came with my bike. However, they are the best tires I have used to date. They are fast and they have yet to wash out on me on a corner. Kenda has a new tire out called the Happy Medium that looks like this tire except the strips in the center and the triangles are gone, and they added more transition knobs. Based on the performance of these tires, I may purchase a set of Happy Medium 2.1 for a little extra volume. If I don't like them, well I always have the Kwicks to fall back on!

Intense System 4, Bontrager Connection Trail

[Mar 02, 2011]
gismo314

Strength:

They're cheap

Trying to pull double duty on the tire made it useless in either application.

Kinda possesses the worst of both worlds. Not really good for trail riding as they're almost a slick in the middle and not really good for street riding as there's way too much of a contact patch and outer lugs are reverse pattern of inner tire? Felt as though I was riding through molasses whether on the trail or the street! As they came with the bike, when the chance came I couldn't wait to ditch them.

Kenda Karma's, Kenda 854's, Schwable Dirty Dan's

[May 05, 2009]
bloo

Strength:

price, light, roll forever

not grip on wet surfaces, very slippery

i got these tires because they are cheap and needed some street/hard pack tires to use when doing urban rides when the local trails are closed(sometimes it rains too much in Houston). the tires work great on street, they roll very nicely! i have been caught in the rain with them and they just can't grip on ANY wet surface. all in all, for dry street and hard pack, these are a great cheap alternative.

[Sep 07, 2008]
Shoey79

Strength:

Price, rolls fast, good cheap tire if your on and off the pavement. Only for easier trails.

Stiff rubber tears lugs if you lock up on pavement.

Handle dry trails quite well, and you don't worry about wearing them out on pavement. There only 15 bucks. I use it as rear tire in the summer around town only. Did I mention there only 15 bucks. For a 1.95 it's just over 2 inch wide on my rims.

Maxxis and Kenda's

[Feb 28, 2008]
cro-mo man

Strength:

light, fast rolling, works well on hardpack

slippy on wet clay

I like 'em. I mostly ride on hardpack with rocks--the Kwick's element--and they perform very well. When on wet clay they lose grip, but they're not mud tires.

stock tires

[Jul 30, 2004]
Jack

Strength:

This tire performed very well on the street. As for off road
I was suprised of the amount of gription it had, exspecaily going up hill. didn't spin. Going down hill is another matter...

...and that is go easy on the brakes. The center tread that goes across the tire is desined such a way that it's like a ski going down hill with rear stoppers engaged.

Not bad tire for 50/50 road off-road use.

Used another simi slick up front with out the long nobs going across.

[Oct 27, 2007]
Afa Dunger

Strength:

Relatively Smooth. Fairly light. The red ring looks cool. Less rolling resistance and quieter than knobbies.

Poor Grip! Poor Tire for Front.
I've had the following issues:
- front tire slide out when I was cornering on ashphalt with a small amount of gravel.
- back tire slide out when cornering on wet pavement.
- back tire spin when riding up a hill on grass.
- plenty of skids.
The incidents while cornering left me with a feeling of mistrust in these tires. I could never bring myself to lean into corners. I was glad to take them off (and I ran some old Kendra K-52/K-53 All Terrain Gumwalls which were great for on road). I've now got a Kendra Kwick on the rear of my shopping bike which I don't use often, and I might even take it off that. I won't use these tires for fronts ever again.

The tire is relatively thin and punctures quite easily.

Appear to wear quickly.

If you do off road use an off road tire. These things are hopeless on dry dirt. For cornering I feel even road slicks like Continental CityRide and CityContacts have better grip.

Not safe.
If you are an off-roader use an off road tire.
If you ride on the road use a city/urban/trek tire.
This middle ground tire doesn't do either job.

This is the first and probably the last semi-slick I will use.