Kenda Kwest Tire

Kenda Kwest Tire

Designed for everything from city streetsTo country roads. The Kwest is yourTicketTo fun for recreational riding. DurableTread patterns provide ampleTraction and braking control. Item Specifications Tire Bead Steel ISO Diameter 559 ISO Width 40 mm ColorTread/Side Black/Black TireType Clincher Tire Diameter 26" Tire Use Road

[Apr 25, 2017]
Luke

Strength:

Foldable.

everything- avoid

My kwest came from a big box store. It may be slightly different. It 's sold as a "urban tire". May just be a mispacked folding tire? Poor performance. Squishy and squirmy sidewalls. Low maximum pressure. Low grade plastic-rubber. Poor control and handling. Not suitable for any major downhills or athletic bike riding. Overpriced folding tire and unsafe for the front wheel.

Kwest mtb tires

[Sep 19, 2015]
Pete

Strength:

Low price, last a long time

For a hybrid type tire, it does well

I've been riding Kenda Kwest tires for more than ten years, on recumbents and upright bikes. I've gone thousands of miles with very few problems. Eventually they wear out like any tire. They are flat resistant. I like their ride. I've used 20", 26" and 700c variants. I recommend them highly. Obviously they are not dirt tires, and they are not skinny road bike tires, but they are great for commuting to work or riding local paved bike trails.

[Oct 18, 2014]
Joseph V. Dipierro

Strength:

Low price. Tread seems to made of fairly tough rubber.

Casing separated after a couple hundred miles.

I tried a 20 inch (406 x 1.50) Kwest on my recumbent. I don't count miles, but can't have more than maybe 300 miles on this tire. I weigh only about 120 lbs., so it's not like I've crushed the tire. I have been running it at about 80 - 90 lbs of pressure; it is supposed to take 100 lbs. The casing has separated. That is, the outer layer of the tire has pulled away from the rest, leaving frayed rubber and exposed wire along much of the area where the tire touches the rim, on both sides. Since the casing is pulling off more in some places than in others, the ride feels as if the wheel were damaged or way out of true. I never had this happen with any other tire, on this or any other bike.

The tire was properly installed by a highly respected bike shop owner. No problem of poor installation.

True, I haven't had any flats, riding in some bad urban areas, so I haven't been stranded or left to change a tire in the rain, etc. But I cannot say that this tire is a good investment, even though it comes at a low price.

[Jun 28, 2013]
Hadi

Strength:

tough aramid surface, slick tyres pick up speed down hill & have good grip

heavy tyre & tube, made for cruising only, not for long trips, punctures are frequent,

kenda tyre & tube= frequent punctures. Not worthwhile.

[Aug 10, 2012]
Ted Starchuk

Strength:

Low price, cheap to replace if you go with the same.

Poor wet traction.

The Kwest came as original equipment on my Bachetta recumbent. The 20 x1.25 front tire suffered a casing rupture after 1300 km. I ran the tire at 90 psi (rated to 100psi), I'm a 160 lb rider & use pavement 90% of the time. I was disappointed that it would give up so soon. I'm trying a 1.5" Schwalbe Marathon Racer as a replacement.

[Oct 25, 2011]
dazsowden

Strength:

Please dont bother with these tyres, honestly. Once the road is wet these have to be the lowest scoring tyre possible. Fell off twice today and this is the first time these tyres have been out and about seriously. By the time I got back, not one but 3 punctures, 2 in the back one in the front. So to summise, no puncture resistance and awful traction. Buy a better tyre!

Puncture resistance and traction in the wet

Dont bother

[Aug 02, 2010]
ND

These came with my Cypress Hybrid/Comfort bike my parents bought 7 years ago. I have recently put them to daily use and they have held up ok. The treads are noticeably worn and they got a couple flats from glass. Thankfully they are easy to remove for patching the tube. Eventually I want to upgrade to marathon plus tires, which are supposed to be more puncture resistant though harder to remove. In the mean time, I will get more practice patching flats.

[Feb 15, 2010]
Phil Menta

Strength:

Nice feel and grip, you can use higher tire pressure on them (I have inflated to 60PSI with no problems, manufacturer says that it inflates to 65 PSI) which makes a good commute tire, in comparance with mtb tires on the street, it really pops it off the pavement.

no weak points so far, I've skidded it for a while until I get the hang of controlling them, but not a real problem, I got used to it.

a great tire for what it offers.

[Nov 26, 2009]
Chef Shoes

Strength:

durable, not prone to soft punctures or snakebites, rode for over 1000 miles approx with plenty of tread left. rode from london to paris with no issues whatsoever.

none from a performance perspective but tough sidewall made it an event to put on a rim

buy it if you want something to commute, no it aint "popular" but its functional and fairly inexpensive.

[Sep 22, 2009]
vneva

Strength:

700x40c Kenda Kwest tires came installed on my Giant Cypress. I have a little over 4000 miles on them and they have performed superbly. I rode the MN Iron Man in April the year before last, at 35 degrees F the tires had fine traction. This past year I rode the MN Iron Man in the rain at 45 degrees F and the tires performed well. This past weekend I rode over 100 miles in the Black Hills on both pavement and crushed limestone. No blowouts, No flats, no problems. I am looking to replace them with another set.

None known.