Kenda Kinetics Tire

Kenda Kinetics Tire

Full knobby 2.35" wide Kevlar beadedTire with front- and rear-specific patterns. HighTractionTread designThatsTheTire of choice forThe Norco FactoryTeams Size: 26x2.35 Type: Front and Rear Weight: 700 grams Pressure Rating: 40-65 psi Casing: 60TPI, Kevlar Beaded Color: Black

[Apr 03, 2016]
Allan Victor
Downhiller

Strength:

Price, grip and weight

Crappy beads, crappy side knobs and thin side walls

Good for the price but constantly getting pinch flats and the side knobs started ripping off in just a few rides. And the knobs are still looking new! Just had them for about 2.5 months. Overall not very happy.

[Jan 29, 2014]
woofer2609
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Cheap. Cheap. Long wearing, great grip, tough sidewalls.

Heavy

I am riding the 26 x2.35's I am pretty sure they are wire bead. I just bought one for $9.99, but would have paid twice that. (which equates to about 1/2 of a normal tire). I like these tires on both my hard tail and my FS RMB ETS-X. I run them at between 18-21 psi rear only. I don't particularily like them front, but for rears? DAAAAAAAAMMMMN! These are one of the few tires where I will be riding and think that they are too soft, and check to see I am running 16psi without a flat. They are a great all round tire if you are not concerned about weight, which I am not. You can't have the best of both worlds in a tire. They are the bike equivalent of a light truck tire; they are tough, and that is their most important factor. Personally I feel that I would rather have the grip afforded by running a low PSI than a lighter tire. The sidewalls are TOUGH! on the wire bead version anyway, so i can ride them for true all mountain riding. I am lightish (155 lbs.) and try to ride with some finesse. I have a lot of miles on these tires. They wear really well. What can I say. Either you'll love 'em or hate 'em. I love em!

[Dec 31, 2011]
Rocky_Urban

Strength:

Good mud grip, durable, decent tarmac traction, not too heavy.

A bit buzzy when riding on tarmac.

This is a great tire for hitting the trails. Mud traction is excellent, the grip is there when needed. If it gets too muddy, the tires will give you good feedback on how much grip it can deliver. These tires are also good in snow, actually they're great in snow. I can confidently ride my bike fast on snowy surfaces. Tarmac riding is different, obviously not built for tarmac but it rides decent enough, infact 60% of my riding is on tarmac and its not too bad. Hard cornering on pavement can be achieved but do it cautiously as the side knobs do limit cornering traction. Hard cornering on trails is great because the side knobs bite into the dirt nicely. Usually knobby tires will wear out more quickly but I've put a little over 2500km on them and they still have about 50% tread left. Over all its a good tire, the perfect tire for cross country trail riding.

none like this tire

[Oct 17, 2010]
Hammer1337

Strength:

Good grip, good all rounder.

The rubber is a little on the soft side they puncture a little too easy

These would be 5 stars if the rubber were a little bit stronger. they puncture a little too easy. Other than that these are great all rounders!

[Jul 02, 2010]
AJH0014

Strength:

These Tyres have a good amount of grip and are wide for more DH control.

The rubber in these tyres is so soft that these tyres were punctured on a thorn which went straight through the wall. they are the least reliable tyres i have ever used!

I would not recommend these tyres to anybody. these are so unreliable and their only strength is their cosmetics they look good and nothing else

Maxxis holy rollers

[May 09, 2010]
rubberneck

Strength:

great allrounder

have had a double (front and back) snake bite after hitting a slate ledge but to be fair i think it would have happened what ever tyre i had used

i bought one of these as a quick fix until i could afford a 'decent' tyre at a higher price and i was very very suprised at just how good it was,,, i now have the front and back specific on my F/S bike. i have used these tyres in all conditions and have found them to be the best all rounder i have used to date. the tyre rolls faster and grips better than a certain 'high rolling' fashionable tyre i have used before. it grips well in loam, clay, hardpack and is decent in deep mud/bog and is the fastest rolling knoby i have tried, i dont need and dont like all these stick-e dual compound tyres i find them slow and cant justify the price after using the kinetics. i keep thinking i will try a different tyre to suit my local natural trails (haigh hall/standish, rivington, belmont, todmorden) but to be honest i just dont think i will find a more suitable tyre. for the price they are a bargain and i will be getting another pair for the winter hard tail

conti verts, mountain king, highrollers, nokian nbx,

[Apr 10, 2010]
blades-noob
Downhiller

Strength:

very cheap, good in hardpacked surfaces and not to bad in the mud, very cheap, good cornering, got them for 10$ front and rear

tread life isn't that long, not all that great on the road

Great tires for the price that i got them and are good AM light freeride/downhill tires as long you try to stay off the road and dont ride steps. If you get them for a good price defiantly buy them.

schwalbe fat alberts

[Mar 30, 2010]
ineedanewbike

Strength:

Very grippy,lots of volume,havnt pinch flatted yet, hold air well once you put it in. relatively light.

definetly squirms at speed when riding on pavement, thats about it.

i do mostly Dj/4x and urban/freeride with a little bit of everything else... and i have found these to be relatively light and full of grip. i find that they clear mud very well once you get up to speed. as i said they also hold air well, i lost my presta adapter about 2 weeks ago, and they havnt lost any air yet. good for rough trails/ aggresive 4x, not os much for pavement due to drag/squirm. buy em cheap, run at a lwer pressure, and youll have a great tire.

lots o stuff

[Dec 21, 2009]
Drakken_11

Strength:

Came with bike.

Tread wears easily

These came stock on my bike. They were fine for a begining rider. I thought they were a little narrow for my needs (26x1.95). I rode them on hard pack and loose rocky surfaces. The tread could use a little work. It didn't seem very agressive. I only took them off because I won a set of Scott Cougars (26x2.25) in a race. I plan on putting them on a Buddy Bike.
If you can get these for a good price, Go For It! But don't expect to use them for serious riding. There are much better, (and worse) tires out there.

Scott Cougar 26x2.25

[Dec 05, 2009]
adam728

Strength:

Surprised me with good grip in rocks and desert hardpack.
Great ride when aired down.
Excellant for a super cheap tire.

A little wallowy in corners when aired down.

Running the 2.35 Stick-E front and rears.

I bought these for my old Trek because I needed new tires and they were on blowout CHEAP. When I got them I thought I needed high pressures to avoid pinch flats and hated these tires. At 45+ PSI they had zero grip. I threw them in a box and ran some Bontarager tires for a while longer.

When I got my new bike I gave these another go. First I rode the WTB Motoraptors. They just didn't seem to have the volume I was wanting. Good traction, but the ride was not forgiving a any pressure I tried (and with a hardtail you need all you can get from the tires). Swapped the Kenda's on and started playing with pressure more than I did when I dismissed them last. Found excellant ride and good traction between 28-34 psi for me (around 175 lb).

I rode these around Tucson, Arizona on trails like Fantasy Island, Sweetwater, Starr Pass, etc. Little expeience with them here in Arkansas so far.

For the price I got these for I don't think they can be beat.