Kenda Kharisma Tire

• All-conditions cross-country tire
  • Full knobby tread with front- and rear-specific patterns
  • L3RC compound with lightweight 60 TPI casing
  • Size: 26 x 1.95

• User Reviews (14)

feedjerald   Cross Country Rider [Jul 07, 2008]
    Strength:

good all over the ground (even wet and muddy)
    puncture resistable (no one during 3000 km)

not for turns and corners in a wet city or - u slide down for shure
    too noisy on the pavement

good enough for lite xc: ground, sand, grass
    but not for pavement and asphalt

Similar Products Used: schwalbe
    A-1   Weekend Warrior [Jul 14, 2003]
    Strength:

-red color goes great with my bike
    -fast
    -stellar on just about any surface

-not good in mud

These are great tires! They hook up on everything but sloppy mud. They have a really low rolling resistence and corner like a champ. I highly recommend them, especially if you can get a sweet deal on the pair from your LBS like I did. They were regularly $45 each and I got the F/R set for $60. 4 flamin' turds

Similar Products Used: Maxxis
    Tim Cameron   Weekend Warrior [Feb 08, 2007]
    Strength:

look great, nice roll on hard sufaces (pavement)

no friggin grip on corners. Good luck keeping your bike under you on fast corners.

I would'nt let my worst enemy to use these tires on a fast trail with turns, then again, chicks "dig" scars, RIGHT?

Jeremy Chandler   Cross Country Rider [Nov 18, 2003]
    Strength:

Low rolling resistance fast tire hooks up well in the loose stuff climb like champs up steep or loose rocky stuff

wet=fall on your butt..alot tire compund doesn't hook up well at all in watery mud or espically on wet roots so if you live somwhere where you get alot fo rain they will look good over your fireplace or as a picture frame maybe They are espically sensitive in cornering.... There is no leeway given, they either stick or slide out so it is a very fine line of tolerance you have to get accustomed to..took me about 2 wrecks worth Performance tire that demands attention to fine detail

Tires have been extremely effective in dry hardpack and they have a noticeably low rolling resistance giving you high speeds quickly I love thses tires in the dry I think I will keep them around to put back on next summer when the rain subsides for a little while. As long as you use them for dry conditions they will hook you up once you get to know them. Fastest times I have ever turned out in the dry have been on these.

Similar Products Used: michelin comp s, XLS, IRC mythos F and R
    Steven   Racer [Jan 29, 2004]
    Strength:

looks cool

first time out on the trail with them, a real rocky (small rocks) trail, and when i finished, i noticed most of the tread on my rear tire came off

I dont know if I got a pair batch of tires or what, but these did not preform well at all.

Similar Products Used: Mythos XC, IRC Trailbears
    Steve   Cross Country Rider [Jul 31, 2001]
    Strength:

Fast, easy rolling.
    Color options, might find a color to make your bike look better.

Requires a significant amount of air Pressure, Pinch Flats, poor handling in wet sloppy mud.

You will need to play around with them to find the right air-preassure. Too low, Pinch Flat City --- Too High, and forget about turning.
    Overall I like riding these tires 3.5/5.0. They allow me to be more agressive, and roll much faster than ever before. They are much lighter than what I've previously riden, But I'm sure they're are lighter tires out there. Do not pay allot for these, I paid $60 for a pair with 4 tubes. I wouldn't buy from the rep untill he agreed to throw in the tubes... I recomend the same deal, You just might need them. In addition the Color options played into my decision to purchase. If looks are a factor, and you like the way they look, great. As far as Riding is concerned they are fast, agressive tires that once set right, and set up with your own ideal pressure will hold you on your line, and grip deep in a turn, then allow you to fly right out and accelerate fast on a straight. Ride'em and Like'em! I Do.

Similar Products Used: Panaracer Smoke/Dart. (Heavy, slow, but much better in the mud)
    Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Jun 27, 2001]
    Strength:

looks BOMBER
    reasonable weight
    good grip

a little small for it's weight

I've been running it up front and while I'm not terribly pleased with the weight/size ratio: 575g/1.7" (measured casing size) I've had no problems otherwise. Bottom line? Decent traction and aestetically awesome!

Similar Products Used: IRC Mythos 1.9
    Specialized Team Control Team Edition 2.0
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1
    Woody Elliott   Cross Country Rider [Oct 22, 2003]
    Strength:

Not Sure

Tread was designed in wrong direction. Casing is too weak.

I weigh 180lbs and ride/race tons. Within first week, I realized that the tread was designed backwards, lots of slipping and poor braking. I reversed the tire and now it is fine. Also now it has been only two weeks and the sidewall is starting to rip. This can't be good!

Similar Products Used: Panaracer FireXC Pro 2.1
    Larry   Racer [Apr 29, 2003]
    Strength:

Traction, low rolling resistance, looks

Hard to find

These are perhaps the most underrated tires around. The tire features a rough texture and the cornering and climbing traction is superb. I constantly washed out the front end using the stock Specialized tires, to the point I had lost confidence in my aggressive cornering style. These Kendas have given me back the confidence and now I’m flying through turns with the best of them. These are fast rollers too. I made the podium in the DINO season opener at Warsaw with these tires. I highly recommend them if you can find them.