Kenda Kharisma Lite Tire

• L3R Compound...Kenda's lightest
  • Size: 26 x 1.95, 2.10

• User Reviews (16)

Jeff   Racer [Jun 25, 2003]
    Strength:

light weight, looks nice

It's small for a 2.1,,, it doesn't hold in the corners,,, did I mention that it didn't hold in corners,, Isn't that the primary mission of a front tire?????

This tire sucks in anything less than hardpack as far as I can tell. I made the mistake of running in a race just off of reputation and went down about 6 times,, this thing is waaaayyyyy sketchy in corners and just slides out. I will give it 2 chilis just because it's light and I only tested it in fairly muddy stuff, this tire is not recommended by me......

Similar Products Used: mosquito air lights (great tires), IRC Mythos (grippy but a little heavier) panaracer fire xc pro 1.8 (pinch flat too easy) Old smoke and dart (good tires, classics) Specialized offerings (so,so) WTB Velociraptors (awesome tire, if they weighed less they'd probably be the best tire out there period) etc. etc.
    zach   Racer [Sep 01, 2003]
    Strength:

grips well in hard pack conditions, and wet conditions light for a 2.1, have a glow in the dark 24 hrs of adrenalin ban on them

in sand the back tire sinks right in and the front tire just goes were it wants, there a pit slow in the double track

narrow for a 2.1,bad in sand, but good in wet and hard pack conditions and light for a 2.1

Similar Products Used: irc mtyhos xc
    rick   Racer [Mar 17, 2002]
    Strength:

very good for climbing fast accrealation breaking connering.used for racing at big bear rim nordic and training in santa moncia mnts.

front tire 1.95 could hold more air volume to help in cobblestones

the 1.95 seems small at first but hook up well in every respect no pinch flats 45psi i'm 147lbs.great tire and will trying stan's no tube conversion

Similar Products Used: mythos bontrager
    Jj   Cross Country Rider [Jan 31, 2002]
    Strength:

Weight, traction, cornering.

Not the easiest tires to mount however I can just do it with my fingers (no tire leavers) so not really a big problem.

This review is for the 2.1 Kenda rear.
    Im only using the Kenda rear so far (I havent mounted the Kenda frount yet as I havent worn out the original Specialised yet)
    This tyre are the best yet they are as light as the Mt Baldy but have heaps better traction and cornering. I dont know if they actually do but the Kendas feel like they roll better than the Mt Baldy when pumped up (I have a 10km ride to the trail head so I pump the tyres up before I leave home and let some air out when I get the the trail).
    The traction is on par with the IRC Mythos but the Kenda kicks IRC's washedout cornering butt. The IRC Mythos is better than the Kenda in regards to snake bite (never had a snake bite with the IRCs).
    I have had a few snakebites with the Kenda (1 a fortnight), but then again I ride hard (I use ultra light tubes too) and I have had no where near as many snakebites as with the Mt Baldy (1-2 a week). I think a few of the snakebites have been due to me letting to much air out of the tires.
    In summer I ride about 250-300kms a week on average and the wear is a little better than the IRC's and about the same as the Mt Baldys. (Although the Mt Baldys didnt last as long being a semi-slick).

Similar Products Used: Specialised Mt Baldy S-works, IRC Mythos 1.9, 3.0 super wide hugh tred tyres on a Kojima.
    Chris Lopes   Weekend Warrior [Dec 30, 2003]
    Strength:

Cheap, Light, & look cool. (I have the UST version)

Everything. Poor cornering, I consistantly get flats, even when inflated at 45 -50lbs they bend too much when riding over rocks/roots and I get a flat. Their extremely unreliable and pop off the rim regardless of the tire pressure you run (forget about running low pressure on these I shredded them when I was trying a low pressure of about 35 PSI).

I hate these tires and can't recommend them at all. WHo needs a tire that is flat more than it's rolling..

Similar Products Used: Kenda Karma & Intense
    Eric   Racer [Jun 16, 2006]
    Strength:

light

none so far

I am using the rear only, I did a race last night in Gardnerville, NV (loose, loose, and more loose terrain)and it went fine. I use Stan's and run 30 PSi, the thing never slipped. The key for me is low pressure, and low rolling resistance together. I tried one with a tube on my hardtail at 45 psi and it sucked, sucked, sucked. BUt with STan's I give it 4 chili's.

Similar Products Used: rear Moto Raptor
    Chris   Cross Country Rider [Jul 06, 2001]
    Strength:

weight, rolling resistance

grip (or lack thereof) flats, DOESN'T STAY ON THE RIM

THIS TIRE SUCKS. I weigh 135 lbs. and pich flatted at 45 psi. I can run my IRC Notos at 25 and not flat. Oh, and by the way, they don't stay on the rim. The first one i got had a defective bead that would fly off the rim when being pumped to 20 psi, exploding my tube in my face in a cloud of talcum powder. GOOD FOR ASPHALT OLNY. save your money and BUY HUTCHINSON PYTHON AIR LIGHTS. Say it with me now, "Hutchinson Python Air Lights." That's better. Now get out of here and gone to jenson.com and look for the pythons($22).

Similar Products Used: Hutchinson, Michelin, IRC, GEAX
    Jeremy   Racer [Aug 13, 2001]
    Strength:

Awsome rolling, pretty light, great cornering and braking.

Back tire isn't the best climber.

These tires replaced my Fire XC Pro's. They where 100g lighter, cornered almost as well, rolled much faster, and handled better under braking. The back tire takes a little more technique to climb technical terrain but it's worth it. I recomend these tires to any racer as an all-around track tire. For regular trail riding try the Karisma Kristals, they'll last longer.

Similar Products Used: Velociraptor, Racing Raptor, Kenda( Kwick, Klimax, ), Panaracer Fire XC Pro, Tioga Psycho
    mike   Cross Country Rider [Oct 11, 2002]
    Strength:

They are Light Weight.

For me weighing 200 at 6 Foot Im a big guy.So with that in mind weaknesses were.With 50lbs felt tire compress on every root,Never felt this with my Alligator golds.Also didnt hook up as well as i was hopeing.But did hook up well on loose leaf cover hills.Keep in mind close here to chicago the hills are short but usually steep.Bottom line i just think im a bit to large of a rider for these tires.A liter rider may loves these,as for me the are history

Ride what works for you.I see alot of Joe Mountain BIkers here thinking they are some kind of bike gods.Ride what you like and where you like.If you knock some one for not riding the way or style you ride,i.e= freeride,cross country,downhill and even road,then your a fool.I love to see anyone riding.Bottom line ride have fun and always break at 4:20.And give an honest review of the product for your kind of riding.After all arent we all Bicyclist cant we get along.

Similar Products Used: Worked in a shop for a long time Almost 20 years and im 34 so i tried alot of diffrent products and find somethings that work for you wont work for otheres and vice versa. Just ride and be happy.
    Mark   [May 09, 2005]
    Strength:

Low Rolling resistance, good traction

Packs up with mud easily

This is a review for the front only. I had to buy this tire because after the race the IRC that I had fell apart. so far have had no problems with the tire. When it is muddy the tire likes to pack up with mud and it doesn't clear out easily. The strengths are that it rolls fast compared to the IRC that I had before it and it does have good traction when it is dry outside.