Kenda K831 Alfabite Tire

Kenda K831 Alfabite Tire

Kenda Kross 26x195 Black Tire. Good for all-mountain, perfect for cross country riding. Makes a great replacement tire.

[May 14, 2013]
Greg

Strength:

Excellent all around tire. I have had no problems of any kind, in terms of manufactured defects. The only problem(s) that I have had, is the fact the I wear the tread off of it.

There are only two that I can think off. One (1), is that when there is snow on the ground, they tend to fill up, therefore, loosing some traction. And two (2), they are not very good at self-cleaning, compared to some other brands that I have used in the past.

I have gone through several pairs of these tires. Never really had any problems of any kind, other than I wear the tread off of them, they fill up with snow and mud very quickly and easily, but does not shed the material very easily. If you run a garden hose over them, then yeah, they will clean quickly. With snow, they do not grip very well once the snow gets packed in there. Otherwise, they are a very good, all around quality cross-country combination tire. I use the 2.10 inch width on the back, because I pull the Torker kids trailer. The tire handles very well in that situation very well.