Kenda Blue Groove UST Tire

The Blue Groove is an excellentTire for mountain riding. With independent knob design and multiple edges for greatTraction,This fast rollingTire will perform well on anyTrail. Kenda’s signature DTC compound features L3R PRO compound (60 shore A durometer) inThe center and STICK-E compound (50 shore A durometer) corner knobs. Terrain: Hard pack/ DryTerrain Bead: Folding DTC UST- Kenda is certified by MavicTo build TubelessTiresToThe UST standards Application: Front or Rear Weight: 26x

Mr Smith   Weekend Warrior [Apr 12, 2009]
Strength:

Its a UST tyre bought at a good price. Single track world rave about them.

It works in the same terain that 80% of other tyres do. You can run it at 20psi but there is no advantage. As mentioned drifts alot and if the trail is partial gravel embedde in the surface forget it you will wash out at every corner. Its rubbish

I have just been on the Walking the Dog trail at Cannock notorious for poor grip and these tyres excelled in exceeding the limits of the trail for slippyness. Worked better at 15 psi but at that pressure there is no tyre integrity. The standard tyre in the sticky compound was being used by a number of people but the tubeless tyre is pants.

Similar Products Used: Michelin XCR mud. Grips on the track that this tyre dosn't.
Wytnyt   Cross Country Rider [May 08, 2008]
Strength:

Good grip, decent tread life

Tread separated from liner. I had it on my bike for just over one month. Samething happended with my rear tire - Kneda Kinetics UST. Kenda says it is because I used Stan's sealant. They do not endorse any liquid sealant and using sealant voids tire warranty.

Do not buy. How can you sell a UST tire that the rider can't use sealant in?

Rodney Farrell   Cross Country Rider [Oct 27, 2006]
Strength:

Good predictable grip in all conditions and all terrain, rolled well, dual compound works well, not expensive. Perfect for all day technical riding.

Not found an outstanding weakness

Recently recommended to 2 friends who are similarly raving about them.

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Scott, IRC, Bontrager tyres
BigToe   Weekend Warrior [May 05, 2007]
Strength:

None that I can think of... maybe that it is not on my bike anymore.

Um, where do I start... rolls slow, no traction whatsoever on loose over hard, doesn't ride all that good (suppleness), downright scary in the corners. Showed signs of significant wear after just the first ride.

I was running this as a front tire with a Nevegal UST in the rear. This was quite possibly the worst tire combo I've ever ridden. If you want to hone your two wheel drifting and flat-tracking skills, then these tires might suit your needs. Otherwise steer clear of this rediculously overhyped combo. This tire didn't roll all that well, and as I mentioned before, it was downright scary on fast corners. I lost a ton of confidence riding this combo and as a result, have sworn off Kenda tires for good. I would never ride a BG again and would not let a friend ride them either. I would give them ZERO chilis if I could. If you ride loose over hard like I do, go with a Larson TT or Hutchinson Python NG MRC High... the difference in traction is life altering.

Similar Products Used: Kenda Small Block 8 UST, Kenda Nevegal UST, Hutchinson Python NG MRC High UST, IRC Mythos XC, Maxxis Larson TT
Gui Spiher   Racer [Apr 04, 2008]
Strength:

Decent grip but not as good as Nevegal good rolling, durable.. Can be had for cheap. everyone wants the Small Block 8. Very versatile tire... Good but not great in most conditions.There are better tires for every single condition but this one will do well for most everything a MTBr will encounter. Nevegal Blue Groover combo is in fact excellent.

Holy Cow!!! The UST version is heavy. Nevegal same way also.

look at bike setup. By virtue of that I must lean bike into corners hard. these tires work very well for me. If you are not smooth on your bike and ride looking ahead of yourself then you will react in a spastic jerky yes I ride a road bike most of the time manner. Since these tires have a round profile they will break loose if jerked from side to side like an amped up Spider Monkey on crack. Never let your bike take you someplace on the trail your mind has not already been a moment before.

Similar Products Used: Hutchinsons Conti Exploders, WTB Weirwolfs Great grip but very slow rolling. Hutchies great rolling but no grip. Contis well just read the name.
Shark   Weekend Warrior [Nov 02, 2006]
Strength:

No flats, good grip, not too bad rolling resistance

None so far

I have the Blue groove on the front, great tire, steers well in the singletrack, & no flats yet, using stans sealant in them as well.